Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I have my PJFT tommorrow and I have to run 2.4 km in a minimum of 11.11 mins

What speed in km will I need to have the treadmill at and does the instructor give you time to reach that speed before they start the clock?

ReputationRep:
    No, the clock will start when the treadmill starts, so you have to factor in it getting up to speed.

To be honest though, it's a pretty simple SDT calculation. It'll be good practice to figure it out yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Distance / Time = Speed x 60 = 12.96km/h

So in theory 13km/h but maybe I'm going to have to crank it up to 14km/h just to be safe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daggerbolt)

So in theory 13km/h but maybe I'm going to have to crank it up to 14km/h just to be safe?
    If you run it at 18km/h you should be safe, plus you'd get a very competitive time! Surely the best speed to go at is the fastest you can cope with, what have you been training at?

ReputationRep:
    It usually takes treadmills about 35 seconds to go from still to 13km/h, also what incline will they have you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daggerbolt)

There we go. 14km/h will definitely get you in beneath 11.11 if that's all your aiming for. If memory serves you need about 14.5 with a good finish to make light blue (10.14). I'd recommend ramping the speed up more and more as the test goes on, you should be sprinting the last hundred metres or so.

And cid, the incline will be at 0.

ReputationRep:
    waheyy! 14 km/h and I got 10 mins 20

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.