Turn on thread page Beta

Hunger Games Film - What Do We Think? watch

ReputationRep:
    clicky for trailer: http://neckerchiefs.tumblr.com/post/...ficial-trailer

What do people think? I personally LOVED the book and whilst I'm very interested to see the film I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not going to live up. That said, the trailer does look pretty awesome. My friends and I think it might not capture all the violent kinda aspects and the scariness. Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    I loved the trilogy, particularly the first book. By the third I felt like the author was working towards an already decided ending and it felt a bit rushed. But overall, fantastic series. I'm very excited about the film, the trailer isn't giving too much away I don't think. Katniss is just how I expected and the 'I volunteer' scene made me well up a little bit, remembering the scene in the book which just broke my heart. I think, as with many books made into films, it needs to be taken as a separate entity because chances are it won't live up to the book.
    I also wonder if there'll be as much violence and gore as there could be as I reckon it might end up a 12a to get more people in the cinema..

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks quite good. I do love the series on the whole, but in Catching Fire and Mockingjay it's really hard to figure out what's going on.
    Anyone else think the girl playing Rue looks like Willow Smith? Just me?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God I LOVED the books, and was a bit dubious about a film being made, but the trailer does look very good. I'm glad I read the books first though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    I loved the trilogy, particularly the first book. By the third I felt like the author was working towards an already decided ending and it felt a bit rushed. But overall, fantastic series. I'm very excited about the film, the trailer isn't giving too much away I don't think. Katniss is just how I expected and the 'I volunteer' scene made me well up a little bit, remembering the scene in the book which just broke my heart. I think, as with many books made into films, it needs to be taken as a separate entity because chances are it won't live up to the book.
    I also wonder if there'll be as much violence and gore as there could be as I reckon it might end up a 12a to get more people in the cinema..
    yeah my friends and I were saying it would need to be about a 15 to live up to the gory bloody bits in the book... Can't wait to see what the film is like!!

ReputationRep:
    I saw the trailer before I watched Twilight last Wednesday and it was really good

I think it comesout around March but I'm very interested in watching that

ReputationRep:
    I loved the books, but the third was a major disappointment - whih is why I'm not too excited about the film tbh.
    Although the trailer does look bloody amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to the film, I just hope it doesn't become like Twilight fan-wise :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverDoe21)
    I'm really looking forward to the film, I just hope it doesn't become like Twilight fan-wise :erm:
    Yeah being mainstream is so uncool!

ReputationRep:
    The first was decent for a rip-off of Battle Royale. The second and third were crap.

ReputationRep:
    The trailer looks amazing! Katniss volunteering gives me goosebumps every time and I also like that it ends with Rue's song. Very excited!

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's good! I read the books a little while ago and I think I won't reread them before seeing it so that it will be more of a surprise/I can see if they will work alone- I think lots of film adaptations are quite good but we don't realise because it's never the way you imagined it. The trailer does look exciting though!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The books always stood out to me because there is a character with the exact same name as me :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I bloody loved the trilogy.

I am really excited for the film as I am not at all disappointed with the casting choices for Peeta and Katniss as they are both not extremely well known actors and both live up to the appearance of the characters.

Looking forward to seeing it - but are they also making books 2 and 3 into films?

ReputationRep:
    I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago and thought how good it looked, so I'm hoping to read the books over christmas, especially since you guys all seem to like the trilogy!

The film comes out the day after my birthday next year so will probably go and see it at the cinema instead of waiting for the DVD.

I've always wanted to see Battle Royale aswell, and I did like the running man novel, so I think I will like this too.

ReputationRep:
    I am so excited for the film! I really hope that the movie lives up to the book as the book was amazing, in my opinion. I keep seeing little stills from the movie and the actress who plays Katniss is really good! She looks just like I imagined.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be okay. I loved the books (though I only recently read them), but I get the feeling the film will be a bit of a let down, with them just trying to make some money by aiming it at 14 year olds.. bit like I am number 4 last year or whenever it was.

The actors aren't how I imagined them, but of course everyone pictures them differently. Jennifer Lawrence has grown on me a fair bit as Katniss though.

I think it would have been better if it was a 15... there are quite a few scenes from the book that I imagine they'll have to alter too much or cut completely now..

ReputationRep:
    I think Jennifer Lawrence looks far too old to be Katniss. Still excited for the film though.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.