Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, do you leave the toilet seat up or down? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you were in house full of guys would you still leave it up/ down?

ReputationRep:
    Up

ReputationRep:
    I just leave it in the same position I used it.

ReputationRep:
    Usually down, out of habit.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it in the same position you found it, surely.

Lifting the lid up is only going to increase the diameter of the bucket you're aiming for by like an inch. How bad is your aim?! Why would you want to touch the toilet seat lifting it? etc.

ReputationRep:
    I leave it up. I wouldn't put it down even if there were girls in the house tbh, I'm sure they're capable of putting it down themselves. It has nothing to do with manners, it's simply unwanted chivalry.

ReputationRep:
    Down, and I just aim well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)

Lifting the lid up is only going to increase the diameter of the bucket you're aiming for by like an inch. How bad is your aim?! Why would you want to touch the toilet seat lifting it? etc.
    You can wash your hands afterwards nowadays. And the vast majority of men pee with the toilet seat up so there is less of a chance of them hitting the seat, whilst leaving it down you would then have to clean if urine landed on it.

Do you honestly urinate with the toilet seat down? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

you clearly don't have a penis even if you aim properly there's usually dribble... so you'll end up dribbling on the toilet seat haha

That's why I leave it up

Down, out of habit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    You can wash your hands afterwards nowadays. And the vast majority of men pee with the toilet seat up so there is less of a chance of them hitting the seat, whilst leaving it down you would then have to clean if urine landed on it.

Exactly! lol, I guess it's a thing only guys would get

ReputationRep:
    I actually put the seat down, but the actual lid and not just the seat. I don't want a gaping hole near me when I brush my teeth.

ReputationRep:
    I usually leave it as it was

ReputationRep:

But what if the toilet seat is up by default? Like my house. Yes I still live with my mum and sister and they don't complain, in fact this conversation has never been brought up before.
    And surely keeping it down leads to more mess, when you aim bad, or your piss deflects off the bowl and the droplets end up on the seat.
    Anyway why are you women so lazy lol? Just pull the seat down geez.

ReputationRep:
    I never even raise it, what's the point? o.o

I almost fell into the toilet my first week after moving in with a bunch of male housemates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    She's female but I don't blame you for assuming they were a guy since the question said "Guys" at the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    Down if I peed sitting down or had a crap earlier otherwise up.

ReputationRep:
    Seat down as well as the lid. I don't understand why more people don't put the lid down... I don't want the room that my toothbrush is in being sprayed with whatever's in the toilet!

ReputationRep:

OK, I don't exactly talk to other guys about how I wee, because that's just weird, but I'm pretty sure it's a common occurrence that sometimes, even when you're aiming it right, it can come out at totally unpredictable angles. Maybe it's down to pressure in the bladder or how you grip it, I don't know, but it's by no means a simple point-and-shoot job all of the time.

There is an art to it. Lifting the lid up just gives some extra room.

OK, that's the weirdest post I'll make this year :/

ReputationRep:
    I just leave it how I found it.

(Anyone else get really annoyed that on Virgin trains, the flush button is behind the lid, so you have to touch it to get to the flush! :rant:)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.