Manchester
Reply 1
wats Uclan?? :s-smilie:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
uclan is the university of central lancashire in preston
Reply 3
ohh right, well not reallly heard much abouyt it so cant compare, but manchester is a great city and mmu is a great uni!:biggrin:
Reply 4
Manchester is a great city..........but MMU is not that great to be honest
Reply 5
mmu vs uclan.. well im from preston and i can tell you that it is pants! don't bother, the uni's teaching i think is fairly similar, although mmu probably has better facilities.. but it's not all about that, preston is pretty small and very miniscule in comparison to manchester so i wouldnt bother applying to uclan(and i didnt :biggrin:). the nightlife aswell in manchester is awesome! ive applied there for september but been there last year and stayed at my m8s flat.

Preston has some alright clubs, but you could probably go through them all in a night, nevermind a week of it in freshers week (which to be honest is crap too, i went out freshers week in september and i wasnt impressed and im a college student! imagining being a uni student here.. wasnt good).. and moreso live there for 3 years! the shopping is pretty bad too, not a lot of variations.. you'll buy a cool t-shirt and see 100 people wearing the same one the next day lol.

but it's your call, i might be only saying bad stuff about preston cos ive lived there all my life and wanna get outta here but if you want the most out of uni i'd choose manchester over uclan anyday!
Reply 6
Thanks 4 that but I know that Preston is not a good city but the University itself is very good compared with MMU. UCLAN is about in the 60's league table near MMU.
Reply 7
I've visited UClan and it seemed pretty good.
Reply 8
im in mmu and my boyfriend is uclan and i deffo perfer manchester halls are better better nightlife and better shops. preston is alright but town is quite a walk from all the uclan halls.
Reply 9
mmu is always in the top ten (this year is 7) in terms of popularity and uclan probably in the mid of 100 uni. so where will u go!!:biggrin:
Reply 10
I'm in the same boat. I 've applied to these two uni's along with Huddersfield, Salford and Chester! Just need to make a decision very soon, which is proving quite difficult! I was impressed with UCLan. MMU didn't really impress me.. Plus, for the course i've applied to(Business Studies) I thought that MMU would be the better choice??
dont go to chester its rubbish im from round chester and thre isnt much nightlife at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending