Turn on thread page Beta

My head spins and things enlarge watch

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, my head spins randomly and I feel like I'm spinning around. It's usually very light, and only once was it enough to make me fall over.

As well, I will look at something and I see it enlarge in certain places or shrink, only faintly but enough to make my head feel floaty.

It's not extreme but it's weird. I get it all the time, on top of deja vu-like feelings.

ReputationRep:
    See a doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)
    See a doctor
    I've already seen my doctor twice this month about other things. I don't want to have to go in again for something that turns out to be nothing...

Does anyone know what this could be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M'kay)
    Sometimes, my head spins randomly
    Get an exorcist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [H]ouse MD)
    Sounds like something I had - Labrynthitis. See your Doctor otherwise it'll just get worse. Might not be that of course, but you asked what we think.
    Yeah, thanks for your opinion. I'll look it up and compare. Thanks for the advice

(Original post by Computerised)
    Get an exorcist.
    LOL I'll keep it in consideration.

ReputationRep:
    When does it happen? I think this happens to lots of people when they stand up or get out of bed (though usually not so extreme)

ReputationRep:
    It's happened to me a few times recently too, though not necessarily the head spinning (although that does happen too come to think of it, but only if I get up too quickly). I quite like the feeling actually... makes me feel a bit spaced out

A friend of mine suffers from labyrinthitis, and when it 'attacks' he physically cannot get up, so I doubt it's that personally.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_i...rland_syndrome

Perhaps?
    Ignore the part about it being associated with brain tumours. But yeah, go and see your GP. Request a different doctor if you feel embarrassed about seeing the same person frequently.

Sounds very similar to something I've had. My surroundings would enlarge and seem as if they were coming towards me, and I would have a weird dizzy/floaty/spacey sensation along with it. The whole thing would last a second or two. Does that sound familiar?

I turned out to have b12 deficiency. Since the injections, I've only had a few of those 'episodes' compared to the few a month (sometimes a week!) that I was getting before. My GP explained that it could be related as a lack of b12 can cause damage to the nervous system.

It's not generally a routine blood test, so It worth asking about it, especially if you don't eat red meat, or if you suffer from IBS/IBD or have any pernicious anaemia in your family.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2011
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.