split contribution finance Watch

boo.gross
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
How does this work?

as i talked to someone saying that me and my sister are starting university at 2006 together.. and said about how could i get help with the finance? and she was on about there is a split contribution.. however she said that she is unsure about how it's working out this year with the beginning of the £3000 tutition cost. Does anyone know how it's working this year?
Lettuce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by boo.gross)
How does this work?

as i talked to someone saying that me and my sister are starting university at 2006 together.. and said about how could i get help with the finance? and she was on about there is a split contribution.. however she said that she is unsure about how it's working out this year with the beginning of the £3000 tutition cost. Does anyone know how it's working this year?
I have heard that there is a split contribution, but i'm not sure. I hope so because me, my sister and my brother are all going to university in september and will definately need help financially. I think you have to contact your local finance people and find out or just ask in school.
When i find out i'll post.
Lettuce
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have found out that the income of your parents is divided by the number of children going to university. So for example in your case boo.gross if your parents income was around £30,000 it would be split by 2 (your sister and you) and worked out that way. So there would be £15,000 for the loan income, so your loan would be worked out by the family income of £15,000.
boo.gross
Lettuce -
oh really?.. so if my parents income was like £30,000 .. therefore i would be able to get the full grant from uni's as my parents income is less than £17,500?
Lettuce
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by boo.gross)
Lettuce -
oh really?.. so if my parents income was like £30,000 .. therefore i would be able to get the full grant from uni's as my parents income is less than £17,500?
That is what I gather from the information given to me however dont take my word for it as it might have changed due to the new top up fees.
boo.gross
(Original post by Lettuce)
That is what I gather from the information given to me however dont take my word for it as it might have changed due to the new top up fees.
oh thanks ^-^
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My parents earn a little under the limit and there's 3 of us they have to support at uni. I still have to pay some fees, but I do get the full loan.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (428)
46.78%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (279)
30.49%
I don't have an opinion (208)
22.73%

Watched Threads