Welcome to the Green Day Society!
This is the place for discussion and chat about everything from their first album, 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, to the fantastic Bullet in a Bible! Sign up if you want to :
- Participate in discussion and chat about Green Day!
- Chat to other members about life, the world and everything!
- Play games to receive prizes and rep points!
- Get the Green Day Society logo in your profile and username!
- Be part of one of the biggest societies on TSR!
To join, click here
! If you have any general questions on Green Day, ask in the soc. If you have any membership questions, PM either brimstone, the administrator, or Jack Twist, the manager.
Did Ya Know?
A "green day" is a day spent doing nothing but smoking marijuana.
Welcome to our newest member, greendayz
Founder and Administrator
King For A Day
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
n u c l e a r b u d d h a
Blacklist of Expelled Members
Green Day Dictionary
Here's a list of Green Day talk and abbreviations you may encounter whilst posting. The talk is in bold, the definitions in normal writing. If you have anything to add, correct or remove from this 'dictionary', please post on this thread. Feel free to PM me too for anything regarding Green Day or this society.
- Green Day; the band, duh!
- American Idiot, the most recent album of Green Day, which was the most popular and excelled them to success in both the UK and the US. Released in September 2004.
- International Superhits, their greatest hits album, released in November 2001.
- Jesus of Suburbia, Green Day's rock opera from American Idiot. Originally nine minutes long, but when released as a single, cut down to six minutes.
- Wake Me Up When September Ends, a single from the album American Idiot. Their most popular single to date, receiving massive air play in comparison to previous GD singles.
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the second single from Green Day's album American Idiot. Very popular, receiving lots of airplay.
- Bullet In A Bible, Amazon says : If you’re wondering how Green Day managed to become the biggest punk band in the world, take a look at Bullet In A Bible. Recorded at Green Day’s two-night run at Milton Keynes National Bowl in June 2005, this combined CD/DVD sees these former bong-hitting Californian drop-outs embracing political activism, pantomime hilarity, and all the fripperies of a rock opera – and excelling at all three.
Basically, a CD/DVD of Green Day's Milton Keynes concert in summer 2005. A must watch for all Green Day fans.
1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
- Green Day's first album, released in April 1991.
- Green Day Authority, the best unofficial site for information about Green Day. View it here
BJ / BJA
- Billie-Joe Armstrong, GD's frontman.
- Green Day's fantastic drummist.
- The bass player for the band.