The Student Room Group

Green Day Society

Welcome to the Green Day Society!

This is the place for discussion and chat about everything from their first album, 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, to the fantastic Bullet in a Bible! Sign up if you want to :

- Participate in discussion and chat about Green Day!
- Chat to other members about life, the world and everything!
- Play games to receive prizes and rep points!
- Get the Green Day Society logo in your profile and username!
- Be part of one of the biggest societies on TSR!

To join, click here! If you have any general questions on Green Day, ask in the soc. If you have any membership questions, PM either brimstone, the administrator, or Jack Twist, the manager.

Did Ya Know? A "green day" is a day spent doing nothing but smoking marijuana.

Welcome to our newest member, greendayz

Founder and Administrator
brimstone

General Members
*loz*
A.ndrew
aMasterPieceOfDNA
Aim.
alex_sgirl
Amlea
Apollo
Aria87
ayden161
Ayo Ajanaku
Beth...
Biffy Clyro
Bottekrank
BullYardBill
Carl1982
Casey
cazp
Chezzy T
chocolatecheese
citrus
conservativebohemian
cordelia
cutie_catty
Decent_jam
Dirac1984
DPM
duddy1984
Esquire
.:fluff:.
friendsfreak88
futuresubby
greendayz
HairsprayQueen
Hannahk16
Hello_kitty
Hi_118
hybridchild
Jack Twist
johnsonimrodgd
King For A Day
letsgobilliejoe
lil_groovy_dude
Lizzie88
lyla*
LouE3D
Lynnie
Madmanjock
Melissa123
Moz
mrt84
mtbab
permissiontorock
Phoenixx
prettyinpunk
Princess Jasmine
rpotter
sitting_duck
smellielli
ssmoose
starrboy
SuperTycoon
Suzie
Suzie19
tjess
tynwfiel
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
xPunkx
XxShellzxX
x-Elaine-x
Yeti-Boy

Honorary Members
Charl!
greeniev
n u c l e a r b u d d h a

Blacklist of Expelled Members
ImaginaryFriend
GeneralOfTheSuperSubSquad

Member Count : 72
Honorary Members : 3

Green Day Dictionary
Here's a list of Green Day talk and abbreviations you may encounter whilst posting. The talk is in bold, the definitions in normal writing. If you have anything to add, correct or remove from this 'dictionary', please post on this thread. Feel free to PM me too for anything regarding Green Day or this society.

GD - Green Day; the band, duh!
AI - American Idiot, the most recent album of Green Day, which was the most popular and excelled them to success in both the UK and the US. Released in September 2004.
IS - International Superhits, their greatest hits album, released in November 2001.
JoS - Jesus of Suburbia, Green Day's rock opera from American Idiot. Originally nine minutes long, but when released as a single, cut down to six minutes.
WMUWSE - Wake Me Up When September Ends, a single from the album American Idiot. Their most popular single to date, receiving massive air play in comparison to previous GD singles.
BoBD - Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the second single from Green Day's album American Idiot. Very popular, receiving lots of airplay.
BiaB - Bullet In A Bible, Amazon says : If you’re wondering how Green Day managed to become the biggest punk band in the world, take a look at Bullet In A Bible. Recorded at Green Day’s two-night run at Milton Keynes National Bowl in June 2005, this combined CD/DVD sees these former bong-hitting Californian drop-outs embracing political activism, pantomime hilarity, and all the fripperies of a rock opera and excelling at all three. Basically, a CD/DVD of Green Day's Milton Keynes concert in summer 2005. A must watch for all Green Day fans.
1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours - Green Day's first album, released in April 1991.
GDA - Green Day Authority, the best unofficial site for information about Green Day. View it here.
BJ / BJA - Billie-Joe Armstrong, GD's frontman.
Tre Cool - Green Day's fantastic drummist.
Mike Dirnt - The bass player for the band.

Scroll to see replies

moi
Reply 2
To sign up to the Green Day Society, please see my first post :smile:
Reply 3
Green day are the worst band in the world.... next to Blink 182 and yellowcard.
Reply 4
I fail to see how any of them are worse than Son Of Dork.
Reply 5
i know a lot of people think green day r a bad band, but i cant help wot i like. i love green day!
Reply 6
To sign up to the Green Day Society, please see my first post :smile:
Green Day are the BEST band in the world.

I think everyone that joins should state their fave album / song. Here's mine:

Album : American Idiot - other albums are up there but this for me is the best as there is not one song that goes below average.

Song : Basket Case ... need I say any more!

Also, who's seen them live? I saw them Reading 2004 and at Hammersmith last year.
Reply 8
I haven't really liked anything from Warning onwards but Green Day used to be one of my favourite bands. Favourite album is definitely Dookie, reminds me of... growing up. And favourite song is either Welcome to Paradise or Hitchin' A Ride.
Reply 9
I absolutely want to join! Green Day is just one of the best bands in the world! :biggrin:
Edit: Basket Case is my favourite song as well...
Yeti-Boy
I absolutely want to join! Green Day is just one of the best bands in the world! :biggrin:

How can you say that about a band that has more albums than it has chords?
Reply 11
Har, it's funny because it's true. :p: As someone once said... in a programme... once. :redface:
ill join!
Reply 13
Favourite Album - American Idiot / Bullet in a Bible
Yes, I love them live. I so want to go and see them next time they come to the UK, cos I missed them in Milton Keynes :frown:
Favourite Song - Basket Case or Jesus of Suburbia (but I also like Minority, Waiting and King For A Day)

PS : To sign up to the Green Day Society, please see my first post :smile:
Reply 14
I never realised so many hardcore Green Day fans put American Idiot above Dookie. :wink:
Yeah, can I join then too? Cheers.

I missed them at Milton Keynes too ... damn those exams ... but Bullet In A Bible is so good ... I wish I'd been there. :frown:
Reply 16
nuclearbuddha
I never realised so many hardcore Green Day fans put American Idiot above Dookie. :wink:

Well, Dookie was good, but Green Day improved on that in American Idiot. It's all a matter of choice really, not conforming to what the majority of fans believe :yy:
Reply 17
permissiontorock
Yeah, can I join then too? Cheers.

I missed them at Milton Keynes too ... damn those exams ... but Bullet In A Bible is so good ... I wish I'd been there. :frown:

Yeah, you're on there...
Watching BiaB, I really regret missing Milton Keynes. The DVD is so fantastic, damn my naivite for not knowing they were playing there!
Reply 18
For me, American Idiot was a little too much like all the other 'pop-punk' type groups in America. Dookie was kind of different when it came out. Obviously there was similar stuff around at the time but not nearly as much as there is now.
Just because Dookie might not be some people's favourite album it doesn't mean that they're not "true fans". I know a lot of Green Day fans reckon that they went too mainstream with Warning and American Idiot but they are by far their best two albums.

Musically, on each album they have matured, progressed and stepped up their game. That's why American Idiot is my fave. :smile:

Latest