Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearbuddha)
    For me, American Idiot was a little too much like all the other 'pop-punk' type groups in America. Dookie was kind of different when it came out. Obviously there was similar stuff around at the time but not nearly as much as there is now.
    Agreed, although it's great it is similar to a lot of other stuff. However, it's hard to be original with all the other bands out there now. Their style of music has been repeated many times, but no one really does it as good as Green Day. I love 'em anyway.

(Original post by permissiontorock)
    Just because Dookie might not be some people's favourite album it doesn't mean that they're not "true fans". I know a lot of Green Day fans reckon that Green Day went too mainstream with Warning and American Idiot but they are by far Green Day's best two albums.
    I wasn't saying people who preferred American Idiot weren't 'true fans', I was just genuinely surprised that it'd be put above Dookie.

The mainstream thing doesn't bother me; they've always been mainstream in a sense. It's the sound I'm not so keen on now.

ReputationRep:
    the best album has gotta b international superhits, cos its got al the best songs 2gether on it!
    fave song is hitchin a ride.

edit: i hav applied 2 b part of the soc earlier 2day.

ReputationRep:
    To join the Green Day Society, please see my first post

ReputationRep:
    To join the Green Day Society, please see my first post

ReputationRep:
    I really like Green Day, but I can't help but feel that they are overplayed. Especially as they are from my area and all. Radio stations just don't stop playing them.

Oh, and I know Billy-Joe. My dad's his kid's soccer coach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dede)
    I really like Green Day, but I can't help but feel that they are overplayed. Especially as they are from my area and all. Radio stations just don't stop playing them.

Oh, and I know Billy-Joe. My dad's his kid's soccer coach.
    In a sense, I agree. The radio station I listen to (Virgin) plays Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake We Up When September Ends and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) endlessly. Those songs are the three I really don't like now, having heard them endlessly!

And you know Billie-Joe. Lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone1)
    And you know Billie-Joe. Lucky!
    Depends how you look at it, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    i love the song 'she' its got be one of my all time favs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth_geog)
    i love the song 'she' its got be one of my all time favs
    "She" is good, but not one of their best (in my opinion). However, each to their own!

Has anyone here ever seen Green Day live? Obviously, they would be great. If you have, you're very lucky. Next time they come to the UK, I'm going to see them, be it in Scotland or Cornwall

ReputationRep:
    i saw them at brixton, that was a greeat gig we were sooo close and at milton keynes where they played the exxxxact same gig as in brixton so was a bit weird but still good.

ReputationRep:
    "She" is good, but not one of their best (in my opinion). However, each to their own!

Has anyone here ever seen Green Day live? Obviously, they would be great. If you have, you're very lucky. Next time they come to the UK, I'm going to see them, be it in Scotland or Cornwall
    Not yet unfortunately, but next time there in Europe I'll certainly try to go. I just checked their website but there aren't any dates for 2006 yet...
    Well, in the gap I'll just have to play their cd´s over and over again:rolleyes:
    You're right that numbers like Boulevard of Broken dreams are overplayed... but if you haven't heard them for a while, you can imagine why.

ReputationRep:
    I've gotta admit, no matter how many times it's played, I will still love Boulevard of Broken Dreams forever! Fantastic song.

ReputationRep:
    Bit dead... so new debate...
    Someone says to you Green Day are crap. What is your argument against this?

Uh... 'No. You THINK they are crap'.

It's so easy to win that one. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Uh... 'No. You THINK they are crap'.

It's so easy to win that one. :p:
    ^o) Now that is a fantastic argument... but I don't think I'd use it!

ReputationRep:
    Bit dead... so new debate...
    Someone says to you Green Day are crap. What is your argument against this?
    Go read a book or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banksy)
    Go read a book or something.
    Excuse me? This is a Green Day society, not an insult thread...

And bump!

I didn't read that as an insult... I thought that was what they'd say to somebody who said that Green Day were 'crap'.

Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read that as an insult... I thought that was what they'd say to somebody who said that Green Day were 'crap'.

Ah well.
    If someone tells me to read a book instead of discussing Green Day, I find it insulting. Now anyone want to talk about Green Day for a change?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.