Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey ...yay - it's back to brim = much easier to type :p: ...what you been up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layla*)
    bloody wicked! that's awesome news. I haven't heard about fluff much since a few days ago. hope she passed her driving test too like you

I'm not too good..a bit tired and might be getting ill...

hmmm...but you must be really excited now that you can drive, ya? that's neat. Quite frankly, I don't know how to drive...that's the sad thing of being an international student. most of us don't even know how to drive. but heh, I like being at the passengers seat, looking out the window and admiring the view when I travel with my family....:p:

I can't stay on TSR for too long. gtg and study. c ya pinky! :ciao:
    ...but i can't drive...i said driving lesson ...my test's in a couple of weeks

ReputationRep:
    Hey pip
    I've been failing a practice Spanish mock and frantically worrying about my languages orals today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Hey pip
    I've been failing a practice Spanish mock and frantically worrying about my languages orals today
    aww...seriously i did sooo crap in my Spanish mock...i basically sat that while the teacher chttered away and i only gave one word answers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyinpunk)
    ...but i can't drive...i said driving lesson ...my test's in a couple of weeks

how long have you been learning for?! probably asked this before, but i forget..

ReputationRep:
    aww...seriously i did sooo crap in my Spanish mock...i basically sat that while the teacher chttered away and i only gave one word answers...
    My mind went blank, I forgot all adjectives, connectives and verbs. I forgot how to conjugate 'hacer' in the past tense, said I went on holiday to 'French' and that New York was a small village

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndy)

how long have you been learning for?! probably asked this before, but i forget..
    nah you haven't - since about November/December but i had a break in the middle somewhere...

hey btw...how ya been?

ReputationRep:
    nah you haven't - since about November/December but i had a break in the middle somewhere...

hey btw...how ya been?
    Ohh, as long as your doing good driving lessons are fun..

Not bad, bored out of my skull though..

How you?!

ReputationRep:
    My mind went blank, I forgot all adjectives, connectives and verbs. I forgot how to conjugate 'hacer' in the past tense, said I went on holiday to 'French' and that New York was a small village
    ...seriuosly - i still don't know what a connective is ...most people muck up their mock...that's why it's a practice - i started going to conversation classes at break; i don't know if your school has anything like that, but practicing having conversations is the only way to get fluency and prevent you from going blank - even if it's just with your mates it will help...trust me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndy)
    Ohh, as long as your doing good driving lessons are fun..
    ...'cept my instuctor keeps flinching!...i also get distracted easily as we tend to chat + he's always coming out with these funny stories...and i laugh really easily + find it really hard to stop...

Not bad, bored out of my skull though..

How you?!
    grrrrr:mad: ...my mum just cleaned my converse and now they have that "shiny new" thing going on (...well except for the gaping hole in the side )

ReputationRep:
    ...seriuosly - i still don't know what a connective is ...most people muck up their mock...that's why it's a practice - i started going to conversation classes at break; i don't know if your school has anything like that, but practicing having conversations is the only way to get fluency and prevent you from going blank - even if it's just with your mates it will help...trust me!
    A connective is something that joins two sentences., eg porque = because, tambien = also. More egs in English are as well, however, then, etc.

Yea, I hadn't actually prepared for the exam, so that's why I messed it up. By next thursday, I hope to know it all

ReputationRep:
    A connective is something that joins two sentences., eg porque = because, tambien = also. More egs in English are as well, however, then, etc.

Yea, I hadn't actually prepared for the exam, so that's why I messed it up. By next thursday, I hope to know it all
    :cool:

ooh...my teacher loved connectives...and the cheesy music that was on the listening tape...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    :cool:

ooh...my teacher loved connectives...and the cheesy music that was on the listening tape...:confused:
    Cheesy
    We did a 97 maths paper today... it was so hard. It's true what the media say - exams have gotten easier

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea what you are on about.. so bbye :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Cheesy
    We did a 97 maths paper today... it was so hard. It's true what the media say - exams have gotten easier
    ...in some ways i think they have - like for my media debates paper we have to do three essays on the three main areas of the industry...but the exam board have changed the syllabus so the people doing media next year only have to do two essays:mad: ...however i wouldn't say exams are easy which is what the media seems so bent on broadcasting...i've worked my butt off for my A-levels only to be told "actually they're not that important" :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndy)
    ...boring school crap :p: ...bye then...

ReputationRep:
    ...in some ways i think they have - like for my media debates paper we have to do three essays on the three main areas of the industry...but the exam board have changed the syllabus so the people doing media next year only have to do two essays:mad: ...however i wouldn't say exams are easy which is what the media seems so bent on broadcasting...i've worked my butt off for my A-levels only to be told "actually they're not that important" :mad:
    For media, we're only just starting to cover the stuff for the papers. In all honesty, I'm gonna go into the exam with no preparation and knowing nothing. I haven't even seen the papers yet... and I haven't a clue what's gonna come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndy)
    You're a few years too late...
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    For media, we're only just starting to cover the stuff for the papers. In all honesty, I'm gonna go into the exam with no preparation and knowing nothing. I haven't even seen the papers yet... and I haven't a clue what's gonna come up
    ...i'm starting to stress - i tried doing a practice one of the three essays and i got distracted after half an hour...we only get 40 minutes per essay

...i'm sure you'll do fine though ...it's all about waffle :p:

ReputationRep:
    ...i'm sure you'll do fine though ...it's all about waffle :p:
    Yea, it's something to do with adverts... and representation... and comparison ^o)
    I really don't know...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.