Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    morning *yawns*

Had a fire alarm this morning, very clever seeing that my exams start tomorrow :eek: bloody housemistress... :mad: and apparently she did it today so we wouldn't be "disturbed during our exam time". How ****ing annoying is that?!
    ...that's nothing...in the middle of my sociology GCSE we had 3 fire alarms, a bunch of year tens banging on the glass (there's these glass panels at the top of the hall so you can look down into it), two other exams finish half way through ours so they all walked across us to get out and we got to watch this kid get chased around the outside of the hall by a teacher

ReputationRep:
    oh okay. But I was knackered... This is I could've woken up like 2 hours later since I'm on study leave and don't have to go to Chapel :rolleyes:

poor you...

(Original post by prettyinpunk)
    we got to watch this kid get chased around the outside of the hall by a teacher
    :rofl: wish I could've seen that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    oh okay. But I was knackered... This is I could've woken up like 2 hours later since I'm on study leave and don't have to go to Chapel :rolleyes:

poor you...
    aww...that sucks

:rofl: wish I could've seen that...
    ...it was classic

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't be here... I'm only online to look at the French-English online dictionary.
    See ya @ 9

ReputationRep:
    Alright. Au revoir mes amis. Take care....

greeniev-ivy: I know I told you this before, but good luck again on your IB exams. :top:

pinky: Did you try replying or something? :confused: coz all I got was a forward lol.

soc members: Wait patiently for my return ...It's been nice knowing y'all... hihih...probably the next time I come back on, I'll have to read about 100pages to catch up. *sigh* I need a hug....*hugs soc* :hugs: mwah! :kiss:

later dudes and dudettes! xxx :wavey:

:ciao:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    Bye layla, you've gotta come back after your exams though!

I've rearranged my schedule - after losing concentration, I'm taking a couple of hours break, and then going back to preparation in the evening
    Really proud of myself today :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :hugs:
    Bye layla, you've gotta come back after your exams though!

I've rearranged my schedule - after losing concentration, I'm taking a couple of hours break, and then going back to preparation in the evening
    Really proud of myself today :proud:
    well done ...i've not been so successful...i've done the most part of one mechanics chapter...but it's really difficult!!!

ReputationRep:
    well done ...i've not been so successful...i've done the most part of one mechanics chapter...but it's really difficult!!!
    As long as it's actually sticking in your mind, and you time manage well, you can fit it in.
    Whatcha doing here then?

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's actually sticking in your mind, and you time manage well, you can fit it in.
    Whatcha doing here then?
    ...it's not even a question of whether it sticks...it's knowing what the hell to do!...nah but so far it's not too bad...

bold: taking a break :eviltongu

ReputationRep:
    ...it's not even a question of whether it sticks...it's knowing what the hell to do!...nah but so far it's not too bad...

bold: taking a break :eviltongu
    A break of how long ^o)?
    :p: Nah, it's OK. Stay around and chat with me for a bit!

ReputationRep:
    A break of how long ^o)?
    :p: Nah, it's OK. Stay around and chat with me for a bit!
    ...i'm only around for about another 10-20 minutes (watch as i'm still here in half an hour :p: )...

...i don't know why i'm even stressing...even if i actually fail my maths exam i'll still get into uni...oh yeah that's it - coz my dad will ******* me if i do

ReputationRep:
    ...i'm only around for about another 10-20 minutes (watch as i'm still here in half an hour :p: )...

...i don't know why i'm even stressing...even if i actually fail my maths exam i'll still get into uni...oh yeah that's it - coz my dad will ******* me if i do
    I'm around till about 5.30-ish.
    Why can you still get into uni if you fail maths?

ReputationRep:
    I'm around till about 5.30-ish.
    Why can you still get into uni if you fail maths?
    ...coz i only need a C in Media...and in order for that to happen i'd have to practically not turn up to my exams

ReputationRep:
    ...coz i only need a C in Media...and in order for that to happen i'd have to practically not turn up to my exams
    If that was me, I wouldn't even worry about Media . What did you get for you AS's last year (you are doing A2s right?)?

ReputationRep:
    If that was me, I wouldn't even worry about Media . What did you get for you AS's last year (you are doing A2s right?)?
    Yep...i got;

Photography = A
    Media = A
    Maths/mechanics = B [5 marks off an A :mad: ]

and i only need a C in Media for my uni

ReputationRep:
    Was Media really easy to do well in? To me, it'd be easy if I'd had a decent teacher, and actually learned some stuff for my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    Was Media really easy to do well in? To me, it'd be easy if I'd had a decent teacher, and actually learned some stuff for my GCSEs
    ...i don't think people did that well...i know lots of them re-sat modules...
    i don't know what happened there was one exam i was averaging C/D in practice and when i got in there it just clicked [luckily] and i got 80-something out of 90...the other exam was textual analysis - and i'd just spent two terms analysing images in photography so i kind of knew what to do for that

...about your teachers...just make sure you try to do as much exam practice as you can (and try to get someone to mark it)..then it will start to click...

ReputationRep:
    I think I need the exam practice for Media, because at the moment I know sweet FA. Since my last lesson, I've found out that we have a paper on sitcoms and one on adverts. On the adverts one, we have to go into the exam without any adverts, and recall them from our heads and write about them. And it's not just present days ads, it's one from the 1980s too :eek:

Did you do Media for GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    I think I need the exam practice for Media, because at the moment I know sweet FA. Since my last lesson, I've found out that we have a paper on sitcoms and one on adverts. On the adverts one, we have to go into the exam without any adverts, and recall them from our heads and write about them. And it's not just present days ads, it's one from the 1980s too :eek:

Did you do Media for GCSE?
    ...that sounds crap...we're supposed to remember whole scenes from films in detail...like that's gonna happen :rolleyes:

bold; no thankfully

...right i'm off now...mechanics is calling me ...maybe see ya later - good luck revising :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Bye pip, see ya later . Good luck with the mechanics.

I'm all alone now ... :bawling:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.