The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6000
sorry...I was just about to post my reply but this comp shut off by itself yet again for like the millionth time this evening :mad:

dude...I'm afraid your dog's really strange. That's like the weirdest thing that I've ever heard of; scared of cigarette smoke, mathces and cushions...how odd.

Yea I suppose you can move in at my house (if I ever have one :biggrin: ). Don't think my parents would let you live in their house though since they're somewhat conservative. They won't allow any "boy" friends live in their house - hmmm...I don't think so.

lol..what do you mean by "I think"?! It's either you speak English or you speak another language. :biggrin:

Don't worry, I use loads of swear words as well - especially in Malay. My younger sibs would be like "Hey, you said that word" but I'll just laugh or say "I can't help it". :biggrin: My parents on the other hand would either scold me or say things like "mind your language young lady" or "why do you use that word? I don't like it." :p:

why did you ask if I speak English at home or not? ^o)
I dunno, i was just interested.. :biggrin: ermm.. i mean as in, its english, but its total nonsense really, my brother talks like he's from another planet, when he's here, as he don't live here anymore.. lol

Fine.. ill stay here, and be miserable in scummy UK.. i don't care :eviltongue

I was just curious really about what language you spoke, i always speak to people from aroudn the world, and they seem to know better english then me :confused: lol.. odd.. :frown:
Reply 6002
A.ndy
I dunno, i was just interested.. :biggrin: ermm.. i mean as in, its english, but its total nonsense really, my brother talks like he's from another planet, when he's here, as he don't live here anymore.. lol

Fine.. ill stay here, and be miserable in scummy UK.. i don't care :eviltongue

I was just curious really about what language you spoke, i always speak to people from aroudn the world, and they seem to know better english then me :confused: lol.. odd.. :frown:

bold: :confused: what does he say that made you think that way?

lol...I'm moving away to uni anyhow so it's too late if you want to move in at my parents' house. You'll have to live with them and my other sibs then. :biggrin: I won't be there to accompany you :p:

trust me. I don't know English any better than you do. I suck at it. You're rich in English vocabs - most of the words that you put on that "two last letter" chat thread...I don't even have a clue what those words mean.:redface:
Wow.. a first.. someone who doesn't understand what words i come up with :eek: im flattered.. :p:

He just speaks crap.. technical talk, all that mumbo jumbo... blah blah... meh.. :mad:

What Uni are you goign too?! have you decided yet?!
Reply 6004
a first..
that means I really suck at English. :biggrin: but if that makes you feel any better, then I don't mind being the loser :p:

nope. haven't decided yet. For UK, maybe Royal Holloway as my firm and Leicester as insurance. Australia...I'm applying after my IB exams are over. I think I still have time till then. Umm...If I don't meet their offers, then I'll go to Malaysia. :smile: Either way, it works for me.

Did you manage to sort out your schedule etc for your uni next year, Andy?
Nope.. ain't sorted nothing yet, ill leave it till last minute if im going to go anything in september, or if not, ill do it next year, im in no rush.. :biggrin:

Id love to go to college or Uni in Australia.. but i wouldn't be able to afford that.. id have to get a job in a burger joint in Sydney and work as a skivvy :frown:

No way ho-zay.. Royal Holloway - heard good things about there :biggrin:, not leicester though.. :frown:
Reply 6006
:eek:
you haven't sorted it out yet?! but what happened that day when you said you were going to go to your uni and sort it out?! tsk, tsk.

having a job sounds like fun tho. I haven't had any jobs before...so I'm sort of looking forward on having one. :p:

Yea I'm totally in love with Royal Holloway. It'd been my dream uni ever since 11th grade. It's grand when I visited it last year. :wink:
I just came across Leicester this year and I like the campus (altho I haven't visited it yet). What's so bad about Leicester tho? :confused:
Not sure.. i keep putting it off all the time..

Just a few mates who visited leicester said it was a bit crap, but that was like 2001 sort of time, so might have changed now :confused:

Ive honestly never seen it, as id never go to uni there.. :s: ill look into Sussex (brighton) or Portsmouth Uni.. after i done more english, maths, and a few others. :biggrin:
Reply 6008
My friend visited Sussex Uni when I visited RHUL last year. She said the campus was nice. I don't remember what else she said about the uni coz each of us visited 6 unis each. She got an offer to that uni tho, but she's still pretty uncertain like I am where she'd like to go to next year.

What's your major going to be Andy? English?
Major is English yeh. Maths is quite important too, i don't need to do it, but i want too, something to do for a while. Might get something at the end of it, who knows?!

Sussex Uni is quite nice, nicest one ive seen, except for exeter uni.. but thats miles away from here, and id liek to go to a Uni/college/whatever so i can come home alot.. as my mates are all here.. :biggrin:
Reply 6010
Funny you mentioned Exeter Uni. I think that's another uni she applied to and got in. :p:

You'll meet more mates at your "next" uni/college too you know...
but it's good that you cherish your friendships with your friends there; at Sussex. :wink:

When are you planning to go to bed? Quite late today, ain't it? What time did you go to bed last night. Didya have fun at the Muse soc? lol :biggrin:
Yeh, id like to make a few mates at new places, but they won't be as good as my mates now.. my mates now are 1 in a million... :bawling:

I plan on going to bed in about.. 10-15 mins... as im completely knackered.. :frown: omg!! its 4am, and my house phone is ringing!!! :eek: scared the hell out of me... :frown:
Reply 6012
:biggrin: guys on this soc cry alot, eh? hihih

jeng, jeng, jeng...who was it? ah lemme guess - A GHOST? :eek: :p:
Yes.. me alot... :rofl: its all an act.. :p:

Nah.. its a stupid Alarm company, because my someone in my house works for, and has to go and turn off the alarm, burgular alarm, at whatever time it is.. 24/7.. sucks!! just unplugged the phone.. :rofl: they have rang like 50,000 times.. waking everyone up.. :hahaha:

Im going to retire to my bed now, so.. i shall bid you a good night, and i shall hopefully chat to you fine lady tomorrow

:goodnight: :biggrin:
Reply 6014
"fine lady"...:redface:

GOODNIGHT ANDY-FANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wavey:
:hello:

10 pages in like 1 day... :eek: scary...

so, I basically missed a wedding which wasn't a wedding after all. Anything else? I forget stuff after I've read about it in a matter of minutes :p:

oh and concerning that question about what language I speak at home - basically german. with very few English words if I don't know the one in German :biggrin: But I live like 2/3 of my time in a boarding school in England. so....

but with layla - 4 languages :s: :eek: wow. That's amazing...
Reply 6016
Afternoon all :smile:
:ciao: how're you brim?
hey hey :smile: ...just taking a break from mechanics...how is everyone?
Reply 6019
I'm good thanks :smile:
Just typing up the most boring piece of History c/w ever...

Latest