Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    ah oui! All finished! Uni here I come
    You are so so lucky. Excuse me if I'm forgetful, but what uni are you off to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndy)
    Hey brim... :wavey: yeh i noticed that, some reason im now subscribed to some threads in the "H&R" section... which i never post in :ninja:

Glad to hear your exams are good good idea on the timetable thing..

Lifes alright, but most people i know have exams at the moment, and never do anything, so im kind of stuck inside... oh well...
    :eek: Think yourself lucky you're not doing exams! And make something to do - visit your local library, join a new club, learn a language ... etc :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :eek: Think yourself lucky you're not doing exams! And make something to do - visit your local library, join a new club, learn a language ... etc :p:
    Trust me id much rather be doing exams this year, then what im doing at the moment. The learn a new language thing is a good idea, kind of slowly learning Portugese and some russian. But i forget it as soon as i learn it..

Still got decisions to make about next year, havn't a clue what i wanna do and where. oh well...

ReputationRep:
    hello all, hows the world today?

Hey Brim, sorry to hear about your spanish, but if it helps i had a really hard speaking that I thought I'd done really poorly on and i still came out with an A in spanish in the end so don't be too hard on yourself

Was my very last lesson of my school career today, was quite emotional, nearly burst into tears when we were saying goodbye to my geology teacher, he looked like he was going to cry

ReputationRep:
    You need to go home and practice the languages. Obviously you'll forget them if you don't :p:

Decision, decisions. I hate complex and hard decisions. Well, keep smiling and think positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    fluff[/s].]hello all, hows the world today?
    Heya Steph :hello: The world's so so. Enjoying relaxing, but not ready to do revision tomorrow
    Hey Brim, sorry to hear about your spanish, but if it helps i had a really hard speaking that I thought I'd done really poorly on and i still came out with an A in spanish in the end so don't be too hard on yourself
    I'm trying not to be - most people i've spoken to found it hard, so hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries or something :p:
    Was my very last lesson of my school career today, was quite emotional, nearly burst into tears when we were saying goodbye to my geology teacher, he looked like he was going to cry
    In our leavers assembly, even though most of us (me exception) will be coming back, my old head of year was crying. And he's a 50 yr old man! I think it was all the memories from Yr 7 Aw no, you've got me feeling sad again now

ReputationRep:
    Aw no, you've got me feeling sad again now :frown:
    awww i'm sorry, maybe we can be sad together

Usually when everyone finds it hard then the grade boundaries will come down and you'll be fine

I've got a geology exam on thursday along with 2 other people (yes i am a true geek :p: ), but it's a resit and I already have an A in this paper (dont ask, didnt want to resit) so i'm not doing any revision, going to go in and doing really poorly on the exam, it won't affect my A, but it'll bring the grade boundaries down so my two best mates get a better grade....systematic exam sitting..lol

ReputationRep:
    At least you don't have to revise!

... sorry, I have to ask, why are you resitting it? If you have an A already, surely there is no need :s:

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    ... sorry, I have to ask, why are you resitting it? If you have an A already, surely there is no need :s:
    I agree with you, I got 76/90 in my exam, but the teacher wants to see if i can improve (!!) even though I'v already got a grade C at A-level without sitting my 2 final exams :rolleyes: i think i need 34/90 on both papers to get an A...waste of time:rolleyes:

whens your next exam? I'm too lazy to look at your sig, sorry :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    fluff[/s].]I agree with you, I got 76/90 in my exam, but the teacher wants to see if i can improve (!!) even though I'v already got a grade C at A-level without sitting my 2 final exams :rolleyes: i think i need 34/90 on both papers to get an A...waste of time:rolleyes:

whens your next exam? I'm too lazy to look at your sig, sorry :p:
    :eviltongu Lazy... god knows how you motivate yourself to do revision!

My next exam is Maths on the 5th may... course to failure :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Lazy... god knows how you motivate yourself to do revision
    i don't,i find it very difficult. But the other two people on my geology class help out alot, one of them is my best friend and the other one is my boyfriend so we all go into school together and just spend all day messing around with the white board and manage to learn quite a bit from eachother while we do it...

My next exam is Maths on the 5th may... course to failure
    Is it really that bad? I HATE maths, couldn't wait to get it over and done with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    fluff[/s].]i don't,i find it very difficult. But the other two people on my geology class help out alot, one of them is my best friend and the other one is my boyfriend so we all go into school together and just spend all day messing around with the white board and manage to learn quite a bit from eachother while we do it...
    No wonder he's your boyfriend then :p:
    Is it really that bad? I HATE maths, couldn't wait to get it over and done with!
    Yes, it's a nightmare. I can only get a B, and that's only because I'm good at Stats... which is really easy

I don't remember doing statistics for my GSCE in maths. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I did Statistics as a separate GCSE last year. And it makes up 25% of the course (under the name data handling) and it's the easy stuff

ReputationRep:
    hey :hello:

...don't even get me started on maths...at the end of year 11 i fell and bumped my head and accidently ticked the box saying i wanted to do it for A-level...then the same accident happened at the end of year twelve when again i accidently said i wanted to do it for A2 :confused: :p:

ReputationRep:
    MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* I'm slightly over the top today

so what's up with the GD soc? doin' good wherever you are, I hope.

I'm a lil tired since I woke up earlier than usual....

whoopieeeee :dancing: -ok, don't mind that...I'm slightly deranged this morning :p: (not that I'm not one already )

*off to visit yet another soc*

ReputationRep:
    Hiya all
    Layla, I haven't seen you here for ages How's life?
    Pip, I did the same, but then my head went back to normal and I changed Maths to French :p:
    I've got a whole day of revising ahead, so I'll be popping in and out occasionally

(Original post by brimstone)
    Nah, I did Statistics as a separate GCSE last year. And it makes up 25% of the course (under the name data handling) and it's the easy stuff
    Cool. :p: I don't know if my school offered that... or even if it existed at the time. An easy portion of maths would've helped me on my way to an A. :p: Ahhh well, too late now.

Thank you very much for the rep, brimstone. We have the same rep power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Cool. :p: I don't know if my school offered that... or even if it existed at the time. An easy portion of maths would've helped me on my way to an A. :p: Ahhh well, too late now.

Thank you very much for the rep, brimstone. We have the same rep power.
    :eek:
    That's shocking because
    a) I've got 2 more gems than you
    and
    b) you've been here longer than me

:p: Evens out I suppose

I suppose it must do. :p: Thing is, I've only been posting properly since January... so I haven't really been here longer than you.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.