Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lets move onto the next topic...anybody got any other issues they'd like to discuss...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charl!)
    And look Alfie! We aren't spamming! Serious talk...
    Wow :eek2: ... goodness me, my eyes must deceive me. Charlene has made a serious post :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Nutter, I'll live life to the fullest within reason, yes. But something stupid like killing oneself is just a bit too far. I'm not talking about smoking when I say try everything once. Yes, I tried smoking, which was a stupid mistake, and developed into something bad. Yes, I still smoke socially, but that's a cut down from when I used to smoke on a daily basis. However, I'm not going to sit here and regret smoking that first cigarette, because I don't regret things. Life's too short to regret what I've done; yep, I can try and give up smoking, which may succeed to an extent, but I'm not going to regret starting.
    Well that's a start, knowing that you've already begun to cut down. No point crying over spilt milk indeed, but at least try to make sure that you don't spill anymore in the future! There's nothing you can do to repair the past now, and as long as you realise that what you had done was a "stupid mistake", then you've gone the distance in winning the battle against smoking. It's very much in the mind - that's what addiction is all about. If you can find a source of support to lean on when you're craving (Smoker's Anonymous, perhaps?), it would be ideal. You know that I too am saying this completely out of genuine concern though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Well that's a start, knowing that you've already begun to cut down. No point crying over spilt milk indeed, but at least try to make sure that you don't spill anymore in the future! There's nothing you can do to repair the past now, and as long as you realise that what you had done was a "stupid mistake", then you've gone the distance in winning the battle against smoking. It's very much in the mind - that's what addiction is all about. If you can find a source of support to lean on when you're craving (Smoker's Anonymous, perhaps?), it would be ideal. You know that I too am saying this completely out of genuine concern though.
    To be honest, I don't really know why I bought those cigarettes yesterday. Relapse perhaps? I just need to avoid the situations that will drag me back down to having a cigarette. Except the new chav friends that I've made all smoke :\...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    To be honest, I don't really know why I bought those cigarettes yesterday. Relapse perhaps? I just need to avoid the situations that will drag me back down to having a cigarette. Except the new chav friends that I've made all smoke :\...
    OEI, you'll have to stay away from those friends then. God knows where you even met them in the first place, especially since you say they're new friends. In fact, what an irony. If they've been coaxing you into smoking, then they're not even friends at all to begin with. Anyway, I'm off. Ciao.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite Green Day Album?

Dookie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomZT)

Dookie.
    Now that was rather random, considering what we've just been discussing, but heck! :p:

ReputationRep:
    OEI, you'll have to stay away from those friends then. God knows where you even met them in the first place, especially since you say they're new friends. In fact, what an irony. If they've been coaxing you into smoking, then they're not even friends at all to begin with. Anyway, I'm off. Ciao.
    I met them at the LSE Summer School ... not by choice, but they're nice people. They don't 'force' me, it's just seeing them smoke is a trigger.

Ciao

ReputationRep:
    sorry. i couldnt be bothered to read through the 460+ pages so i asked a completely irrelevant question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomZT)

Dookie.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    mines is american idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomZT)
    sorry. i couldnt be bothered to read through the 460+ pages so i asked a completely irrelevant question.
    Nah no worries, brimstone would welcome you either way with open arms.

In fact, with an open zipper as well... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how anyone can possibly chose AI over Dookie.

AI has to be the worst Green Day album (don't get me wrong it's good) but it cannot compare to some of their other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would, new members are always welcome .
    :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:

erghhhhh:rolleyes: i don't think he's that willing to try new things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomZT)
    I don't see how anyone can possibly chose AI over Dookie.

AI has to be the worst Green Day album (don't get me wrong it's good) but it cannot compare to some of their other stuff.
    Some people like the heavier stuff. I mean, if you compare AI to Dookie, Dookie obviously has the lighter kind of feel, but some people might not like that kind of style as much as the newer stuff.

Did that make sense? :p:

ReputationRep:

Not QUITE sure how to take that LOL.

ReputationRep:
    It is now no surprise as to why Alfie's postcount jumps by ~150 a day or so. Over 3,000 posts just in this thread itself! {faints} :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Thats not to say I don't like Dookie, I just prefer some of the tracks on AI more

ReputationRep:
    Just reciprocate by doing the same, and things will just begin to flow.
    (Original post by Phoenixx)
    erghhhhh:rolleyes: i don't think he's that willing to try new things
    Oh, you don't know the REAL brimstone then, I'm afraid. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.