The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9340
Nutter
It is now no surprise as to why Alfie's postcount jumps by ~150 a day or so. :smile: Over 3,000 posts just in this thread itself! {faints} :eek: :smile:

Hehe, I'm going in about twenty minutes, and I won't be around a lot this evening, so it won't be jumping by that much today!
Reply 9341
Anyway, back to the topic (:rolleyes:), GREEN DAY TALK! :biggrin:

Mine's American Idiot as well, because I don't think I've heard anything else.

On that note, farewell.
Reply 9342
brimstone
Some people like the heavier stuff. I mean, if you compare AI to Dookie, Dookie obviously has the lighter kind of feel, but some people might not like that kind of style as much as the newer stuff.

Did that make sense? :p:

Yeah it did make sense. I'm all for the songs about masturbation and what not though. I suppose them writing songs about the government (AI) was just boring because everyone else seems to be doing it. Each to their own though.
Reply 9343
I wonder when Greenday will do a Uk tour next, i wouldnt mind going to see them.
Reply 9344
Phoenixx
I wonder when Greenday will do a Uk tour next, i wouldnt mind going to see them.

I don't care if their one gig in the UK is the night before my most important exam ever, I'd go to it :p:
Reply 9345
TomZT
Yeah it did make sense. I'm all for the songs about masturbation and what not though. I suppose them writing songs about the government (AI) was just boring because everyone else seems to be doing it. Each to their own though.

I suppose so. I do love AI, and I think it's one of their top albums, but Dookie has that edge that I prefer.
Reply 9346
Nutter
Just reciprocate by doing the same, and things will just begin to flow. :wink:

Oh, you don't know the REAL brimstone then, I'm afraid. :p:

:eek: :p:
Reply 9347
Did any of you guys/gals go to the Milton Keynes dates?

I went to both.
Reply 9348
TomZT

I went to both.

lucky arse:p:
Reply 9349
TomZT

I went to both.

Nope... for some reason, I wasn't that big a Green Day fan at the time, and didn't actually know about it :redface:.
Reply 9350
I've just checked i dont think they have any UK dates organized :frown:
Reply 9351
brim I like your 'Location' very greendayish
Reply 9352
Thank you :wink: ... except it should be 'a lonely house'... I'm all alone here :bawling:

Right, to avoid wasting away my time on TSR, I'm off now.
Chat to y'alls later :hugs:
Reply 9353
Are they not writing new material at the moment? I know that JOS is the last single from American Idiot, so maybe they are writing a new record then going on a world tour?
Reply 9354
cya later
Reply 9355
TomZT
Are they not writing new material at the moment? I know that JOS is the last single from American Idiot, so maybe they are writing a new record then going on a world tour?

Yeah, I heard that BJA was taking a year out from touring to write some new material. Should be good :smile:
Reply 9356
TomZT

I think i heard that somewhere as well...they'd better hurry I wanna see them...it would have been cool if they'd done some tours during the summer here I've got loads of time on my hands and I could've gone
Reply 9357
LOL tell me about it.

Fair play to them though, if they want to rest then they sure deserve it.

Nah opted for a long train ride to Manchester instead.
Reply 9359
TomZT

I went to both.

Yah went to the first was really good but so so so so so so sSSOO hot! Got a super cool greenday foam hand tho :rofl:

Latest