Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Gargh, Steel Beauty is 18

ReputationRep:
    okay I'm off to shop guys...I'll let you know what I got when I come back...Cya

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Adios Faraday, have fun!

ReputationRep:
    DNA
    How's life?

ReputationRep:
    Attempted futher shopping for impening IOT... didn't go well, bought a plain white shirt, but don't like it much so will take it back tomorrow and get another I saw in another shop window :rolleyes:

Still to purchase... head torch, 4 pairs hiking socks, dry bag, accesory pack for mini mag lite plus lots of other random things

ReputationRep:
    brimstone

Life's pretty good actually. No major complaints right now although I can see that changing when I start my A Levels...(not that I'm not looking forward to starting them :p:)

How's life up in your neck of the woods? You heard from your friend that moved to Alton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    Attempted futher shopping for impening IOT... didn't go well, bought a plain white shirt, but don't like it much so will take it back tomorrow and get another I saw in another shop window :rolleyes:

Still to purchase... head torch, 4 pairs hiking socks, dry bag, accesory pack for mini mag lite plus lots of other random things
    Erm excuse my ignorance but what's IOT? :confused:

Whatever it is it sounds exciting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMasterPieceOfDNA)
    brimstone

Life's pretty good actually. No major complaints right now although I can see that changing when I start my A Levels...(not that I'm not looking forward to starting them :p:)

How's life up in your neck of the woods? You heard from your friend that moved to Alton?
    :hello:

:yawn: ... I'm very tired, but looking forward to starting school next Wednesday! I need to start getting back into a proper sleeping pattern of early night, early morning. If i don't now, I'll be shattered when I start at my school, which is not what I want!

I've got to go and get my eyebrow bar changed to a clear retainer before school starts, as I don't want to give them a bad impression of me ... that'll cost money, so

Plus, I've been getting ready. I've got all my folders prepared for school, and I bought a pencil case today, which is now filled with all the correct stuff. ... I still need to get some very important things though :
    (a) French grammar book
    (b) Mini French dictionary ...
    With yet more money to be spent on those, I dunno how I'm gonna cope ... I'm trying to get my mum to buy them for me :p:

Hehe, I'm going a bit OTT Here!

;no; I haven't spoken to my friend properly since she went

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :hello:

:yawn: ... I'm very tired, but looking forward to starting school next Wednesday! I need to start getting back into a proper sleeping pattern of early night, early morning. If i don't now, I'll be shattered when I start at my school, which is not what I want!

I've got to go and get my eyebrow bar changed to a clear retainer before school starts, as I don't want to give them a bad impression of me ... that'll cost money, so

Plus, I've been getting ready. I've got all my folders prepared for school, and I bought a pencil case today, which is now filled with all the correct stuff. ... I still need to get some very important things though :
    (a) French grammar book
    (b) Mini French dictionary ...
    With yet more money to be spent on those, I dunno how I'm gonna cope ... I'm trying to get my mum to buy them for me :p:

Hehe, I'm going a bit OTT Here!

;no; I haven't spoken to my friend properly since she went
    Ditto! My body clock is a bit funked up right now, mainly due to the internet (and TSR) :p:

Ditto to the folder thing. I have a lever arch for each subject that I'll keep at home and another lever arch to use at college. I also bought shed loads of plastic wallets/subject dividers etc. What can I say? I'm organised!

I'm starting (officially) next Wednesday too but have to go in on the 1st and the 5th to sort out various things. But lessons start properly on the 6th

It'll be Christmas before we know it :eek: Then a new year filled with more exams and the exciting prospect of filling a UCAS form out :eek: :p: :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm off to work. Catch you later :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Ditto! My body clock is a bit funked up right now, mainly due to the internet (and TSR) :p:
    During school hours, tis normal for me to get off the computer by 10pm and go to sleep by 11. However, throughout my two months (:eek:) of holidays, I've been coming off of here at 2am and getting to sleep by 3... and then waking up at 11-12 in the morning, instead of my usual 6.45 ...
    Gah, I need to try to get to bed earlier ... every time I say that, I just end up ignoring it :p:. During school time, I hate getting up so early
    Ditto to the folder thing. I have a lever arch for each subject that I'll keep at home and another lever arch to use at college. I also bought shed loads of plastic wallets/subject dividers etc. What can I say? I'm organised!
    I've been told by a reliable source that I only need A4 folders for school and i won't need Lever Arch files :p:... which is good, because they're very bulky! I had loads of plastic wallets at home already, but I'm wondering if I need to get subject dividers ^o) ... should I get them to divide up modules and stuff? :s:

It'll be Christmas before we know it :eek: Then a new year filled with more exams and the exciting prospect of filling a UCAS form out :eek: :p: :rolleyes:
    I know! :eek: ... just over a year until we applying to university :afraid: :eek4:
    Anyway I'm off to work. Catch you later :hugs:
    You can reply later then
    Ciao :ciao: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Erm excuse my ignorance but what's IOT? :confused:

Whatever it is it sounds exciting
    Sorry... :blushing: Initial Officer Training (RAF) and yeah is very exciting Want to make sure I've got all my kit in plenty of time so can sepend final run up to it in realtive calm and just focusing on final fitness....

It's quite crazy, certainly for first 4 weeks... sleep is pretty minimal (1/2 hour sleep a night on occasion certainly isn't a rareity!!! :eek: ) and work is pretty maximal - fitness, lessons, loads of cleaning/polishing, drill and many other delights

ReputationRep:
    I had loads of plastic wallets at home already, but I'm wondering if I need to get subject dividers ^o) ... should I get them to divide up modules and stuff? :s:
    Yep, I'd definately get dividers - makes life alot easier when it comes to looking up past info and ugh *shivers* revision :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry... :blushing: Initial Officer Training (RAF) and yeah is very exciting Want to make sure I've got all my kit in plenty of time so can sepend final run up to it in realtive calm and just focusing on final fitness....

It's quite crazy, certainly for first 4 weeks... sleep is pretty minimal (1/2 hour sleep a night on occasion certainly isn't a rareity!!! :eek: ) and work is pretty maximal - fitness, lessons, loads of cleaning/polishing, drill and many other delights
    Someone I know did Basic Training to become a Royal Marine ... sorry, thought I'd add my experience in there! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'd definately get dividers - makes life alot easier when it comes to looking up past info and ugh *shivers* revision :eek:
    Oooh Gawd, I finished my revision over two months ago... the thought of having to do it again is :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know did Basic Training to become a Royal Marine ... sorry, thought I'd add my experience in there! :p:
    Oooo.... painful! Can imagine that's 24/7 pain :eek:

Aren't your (as in AS system lot) A'levels modular now anyway so you have exams every term?? (sorry!!!!) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oooo.... painful! Can imagine that's 24/7 pain :eek:
    Yeah, he said it was tough
    Aren't your (as in AS system lot) A'levels modular now anyway so you have exams every term?? (sorry!!!!) :p:
    I'm not totally sure, but I've heard that some schools do modular exams and some don't ... I can only wait and find out.
    What do you mean by 'your'? Don't you do ALevels? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he said it was tough

I'm not totally sure, but I've heard that some schools do modular exams and some don't ... I can only wait and find out.
    What do you mean by 'your'? Don't you do ALevels? :p:
    I've done mine....and a degree... and worked for 2 years now :eek: I was ol' school a levels

ReputationRep:
    o0o OK, I didn't realise you were that old! :p: Aw, we've still got it all to come :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    o0o OK, I didn't realise you were that old! :p: Aw, we've still got it all to come :bawling:
    Oi! Less of the old :p: yep 23 is me Honestly, it gets better and better as you go... a levels were pretty cool, uni not bad, fully qualified and heading towards career....awesome!!! Am a lil miss independant so love being out here on my own two feet... not a fan of dependance! Learning is fun too, especially when you can really apply yourself and get cool grade :cool:

Yep, I'm a geek and actually looking forward to forthcoming study (despite difficulties staying awake apparently :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to move out and to university and be independent. The idea of doing all my own shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing etc really appeals to me :eek:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.