The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

n u c l e a r b d h
And welcome to the society, prettyinpunk. You've made the right choice. :wink:

ta v. much :biggrin:
Jack Twist
oh. *coughs* whos that?

its the guy thats out of N*E*R*D..

Did a song with snoop....bit crap in my opinion.. but hey.. :p: Each to their own... and all...
Hey Casey...i'm new too :smile:
Reply 1283
Welcome Casey!

Here's the link to the English in French test. Post your scores when you've done it... if you can understand it :smile:

I'm being so sad tonight - I'm now trying to 'learn' English on a Spanish "Teach Yourself English" site :p:
Reply 1284
A_ndy_
Thanks for the rep Nuclearbudda.. :smile: only just realised i got it... :biggrin:

'Tis ok sir. :p:

And Jack Twist, it is Mr Pharrell Williams as people have said. He's a genius. Yeah, he was in N*E*R*D a couple of years ago.

And as you asked who he is... he's also one half of The Neptunes and he's produced songs for Snoop Dogg, Kelis, Gwen Stefani, Busta Rhymes, Nelly, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Robin Thicke, Jay Z... the lists goes on and on and on. He's done a lot for music over the past 5 years.
brimstone
Welcome Casey!

Here's the link to the English in French test. Post your scores when you've done it... if you can understand it :smile:

I'm being so sad tonight - I'm now trying to 'learn' English on a Spanish "Teach Yourself English" site :p:

Im not even going to attempt to understand it.. :rofl: i can safely say ive forgotten ll french i learned at school :redface:
Reply 1286
brimstone
Welcome Casey!

Here's the link to the English in French test. Post your scores when you've done it... if you can understand it

Just found one question I couldn't understand and now I've given up completely... takes too long. :p: I'll have a go later, though.
Reply 1287
A_ndy_
Im not even going to attempt to understand it.. :rofl: i can safely say ive forgotten ll french i learned at school :redface:

:rofl: Oh well, I suppose it's not really worth remembering if you don't want to pursue it or go to France. Did someone negrep you, because I'm sure you had more green gems than that?
Reply 1288
n u c l e a r b d h
Just found one question I couldn't understand and now I've given up completely... takes too long. :p: I'll have a go later, though.

Such a quitter!
brimstone
:rofl: Oh well, I suppose it's not really worth remembering if you don't want to pursue it or go to France. Did someone negrep you, because I'm sure you had more green gems than that?

Lol true... yeh, someone neg repped me earlier today because of a song i was listening too.. Silly eh :rolleyes: Screw them, is what i say :biggrin:
39/60 ha!...mind you not bad considering i didn't have a clue what the hell i was doing :biggrin: hehe!
Reply 1291
A_ndy_ - Yeah, screw them. I'll put you on my rep list to see if I can try and increase it with my meagre rep :smile:

prettyinpunk - very good, close to my score. And I thought I knew what I was doing... I'm predicted A* french !
Reply 1292
brimstone
Such a quitter!

I know. :redface: But I will try later when I have some time to spare. :p: Not that I'm doing anything constructive with it now.
A_ndy_
Lol true... yeh, someone neg repped me earlier today because of a song i was listening too.. Silly eh :rolleyes: Screw them, is what i say :biggrin:

Hey i would rep you for your wkd taste in music 'cept my rep power=0 [not enough posts :frown: ]
ok i had a go.... seeing as most of it was almost dead simple took a while to understand though.. :s:

42/60 :smile:

brimstone
A_ndy_ - Yeah, screw them. I'll put you on my rep list to see if I can try and increase it with my meagre rep :smile:

prettyinpunk - very good, close to my score. And I thought I knew what I was doing... I'm predicted A* french !

:yy: your too good :yy: :biggrin: dumb fools neg repping because of a song :s: stupid if you ask me.. each to their own tastes and all..

Hey i would rep you for your wkd taste in music 'cept my rep power=0 [not enough posts :frown:]

Aww, its ok, i have no idea how i check for my rep power.. but im sure its pretty low... ill add you both to my rep list.. even if it won't make much difference... :o: :smile:

Wow my typing is awful today... :frown:
Reply 1295
A_ndy_
ok i had a go.... seeing as most of it was almost dead simple took a while to understand though.. :s:

42/60 :smile:

You still beat me !
brimstone
You still beat me !

I cheated a bit.. got stuck on a couple of questions... :rofl: :redface:
Reply 1297
A_ndy_
i have no idea how i check for my rep power.. but im sure its pretty low...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep#faq_power

Ta-daaaaa. A rep power calculator.
Reply 1298
A_ndy_
I cheated a bit.. got stuck on a couple of questions... :rofl: :redface:

My rep's only worth 15, but every little helps. Hopefully another few posts and it'll be worth more :smile:

And congrats to the GD soc - the next post will be our 1300th. 300 in less than a week - well done to all! Whoever pushes past the 1500th post (a bit early I know!) will receive some rep off of me. I'll remind you all of that nearer the time though :smile:
brimstone
My rep's only worth 15, but every little helps. Hopefully another few posts and it'll be worth more :smile:

And congrats to the GD soc - the next post will be our 1300th. 300 in less than a week - well done to all! Whoever pushes past the 1500th post (a bit early I know!) will receive some rep off of me. I'll remind you all of that nearer the time though :smile:

true, every little counts.. mine is.. 7.. :rofl: next to nothing really...

The soc is doing good.. quite a high post count.. :smile:

Latest