The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

She probably isn't literate so that guy has wasted his time
Reply 2
We have laws against your actions, and laws against your views, precisely because they are unacceptable in a civilised, multicultural, multi-ethnic, multi-racial society. The law sanctions them because they cannot and will not be tolerated in Britain.

Disagree. Allow these views to be heard. We should live in a free society. Argue against them and show people why they are wrong, but do not ban their views. I want to live in a free society, and that includes hearing views I don't agree with. Show them to be ignorant and wrong.
Reply 3
the letter is a standard anti white diatribe. what annoys me is when people are racist but try and justify it because of other racism. makes no sense to me. if people are truly anti racist, then racism would not turn them into racists.

the letter writer is a racist. the worst kind of racist in fact, a racist who justifies her racism through racism.
Reply 4
oh good lulubel is back to spew their nonsense...
Reply 5
Original post by gapyearstudent
oh good lulubel is back to spew their nonsense...

sorry, what do you mean?
Reply 6
Original post by lulubel
the letter is a standard anti white diatribe. what annoys me is when people are racist but try and justify it because of other racism. makes no sense to me. if people are truly anti racist, then racism would not turn them into racists.

the letter writer is a racist. the worst kind of racist in fact, a racist who justifies her racism through racism.

lol what?
This clearly misses the point and reason of that woman's rant; Alcohol and an hour reading the daily mail.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
The author cares too much.

Lots of people hold those views and we live in a democratic society so they should be able to express themselves, not as the woman on the tram, but in other ways.
Reply 9
This is getting really tiresome. Who cares? There's thousands of racists like her floating around, polluting the world with their idiocy... let them rot, don't give them attention.
Reply 10
Original post by Dubliner
lol what?

have you read the letter? if you are a non white racist you may agree with the letter as it panders to racist stereotypes about white people and british history.

if you are white, then you should be offended by the letter because it is so outrageous and racist against your own ethnic group.
The writer repeated the black woman on the tram's argument that jobs go to immigrants because white people are too lazy to work. This is nonsense. Please don't tar me with the same brush as that raving racist chav loony.

The woman on the tram was wrong to spit out that diatribe, but also clearly not very bright, or mentally ill, or on drugs. She should just be ignored. The writer of the article, on the other hand, was the race equivalent of an extreme feminist, which you may or may not agree with, but I personally found quite bigoted.
Reply 12
"Emma, but “your Britain” doesn’t exist. It hasn’t existed for a long time, and her current survival is to be credited entirely to immigrants."

That letter is the type of talk that is leading large sections of the working class white population of this country to act in such a manner; being told that your own nation no longer exists by someone who isn't even originally from here, and then spouting off that native inhabitants are useless while immigrants are romanticized as some sort of savior for a failing nation.

The House of Lords would disagree:

Immigration has become highly significant to the UK economy: immigrants
comprise 12% of the total workforce—and a much higher proportion in London.
However, we have found no evidence for the argument, made by the Government,
business and many others, that net immigration—immigration minus emigration—
generates significant economic benefits for the existing UK population.

The Economic Impact of Immigration, HoL Report

Also outside of London real Britain still exists. Britain isn't London.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lulubel

What about the racist who justifies another racists racism through racism. Thats pretty bad.
Reply 14
Original post by Rant
This is getting really tiresome. Who cares? There's thousands of racists like her floating around, polluting the world with their idiocy... let them rot, don't give them attention.

Yep. People seem to be taking this too far. It's not that shocking that there are racists out there. Just don't pay them any attention. Like the evangelists on the number 453 bus. You disagree? Yes. Just put your head down and continue your day.

Although obviously in that situation I would've spoken out but only for the sake of the child and not in defence of anyone's feelings.
Reply 15
I hate how its fashionable to be anti Britain at the moment.
A pretty articulate and definitely appropriate reply, I disagree that she will be convicted of any crime though.
To be honest, she's just ignorant scum, no one is going change her mind given any length of time but maybe there's a bit of hope for the kid. I hope when he grows up he learns what his mother did, laughs at her narrow-mindedness and develops an attitude that is completely contradictory to his mother's way of thinking.
Reply 17
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
What about the racist who justifies another racists racism through racism. Thats pretty bad.

thats really deep man........
Reply 18
What annoys me most is that this woman's opinions have been given the oxygen of publicity. She doesn't deserve to have her vile opinions so widely heard.
We need John Bull to kick some arse.

Latest

Trending

Trending