The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson: strikers should be 'shot' - what a disgusting bastard

Scroll to see replies

But anyone who wants to watch TV has to pay for the TV licence which supports the BBC and likes of Clarkson, even if they don't want to watch the BBC. How is that right?

I agree, it's not a nice feeling knowing that you're contributing towards the salary of someone that you are not overly keen on, however, one would contest that there must be more than one programme which you like viewing on the BBC.
I struggle to understand the internal motivations of anyone who can get worked up about this in any particular direction. It's Clarkson being Clarkson. Everytime Ed Balls is on TV you equally disgusting crap coming out of him. Two wrongs make a right.
From what I can understand, pretty much all talk show hosts and TV presenters rely on sensationalism to retain their roles and interest. I'm not particularly familiar with Jeremy Clarkson, as I don't watch the BBC much - but I doubt he's alone in his ignorant brand of 'humour'.

Yes, he's a tool - but there are more important things to get yourselves worked up about.
I lold it must be said.

What a lad.
I think he was having fun ... dangerous suggestion though
Original post by RyanT
Clarkson is actually a tosser, he gives idiots a voice that makes them more confident to go around repeating the idioicity.

I'm not knocking top gear, decent show.

But for someone who is on millions from the BBC to walk around screeching about people who are under threat of losing modest pension deals is sickening. I'm sure he pretends it's just humour but there is a dark agenda of resentment around that man.

srs?
Reply 66
Original post by justdoit1
wow

so the government can do whatever hell it wants, and we sit there and do nothing?

V vor Vendetta croses my mind.

as a student , i'm already annoyed i'm may be in dept for my entire life if i live that long

IT'S NOT MY FAULT WE JOINED AN ILLEGAL WAR IN IRAQ.
IT'S NOT MY FAUL WE WASTE WAR ON THE ARMY.
IT'S NOT MY FAULT WE ALLOW CAPITALISM/BANKERS...
IT'S NOT MY FAULT AT ALL

SO WHY DO WE SUFFER?

You will be in debt for a maximum of thirty years.
Reply 67
The strikers get the same sympathy as the NBA players
Doesn't matter what I or anyone else believes. He doesn't agree with the strikers, and he said it in an over-the-top way for comic effect. Doesn't matter if it was successful comedy or not. What matters is the fact that I don't think the BBC would have received a tonne of complaints if an over-the-top comment on other things were said (e.g. "bankers should all be shot").

I wish the BBC would stop issuing apologies every time someone has a controversial opinion that makes idiots complain. Grow up, and understand that different people have different opinions. You think he's wrong and a tosser? Fine, try to educate him. The opinions of him and people like him don't just disappear because you censor it.
Reply 69
Original post by problemsolver
I thunk yoo spelf rong?

Thanks.
Original post by RyanT
Thanks.

Well you were trying to call somebody else an idiot.
Reply 71
Original post by limetang
You will be in debt for a maximum of thirty years.

and i'll have paid over 100,000 pounds to pay for ALREADY FILTHY RICH bankers taking too many risks.
Reply 72
Original post by lightburns
Doesn't matter what I or anyone else believes. He doesn't agree with the strikers, and he said it in an over-the-top way for comic effect. Doesn't matter if it was successful comedy or not. What matters is the fact that I don't think the BBC would have received a tonne of complaints if an over-the-top comment on other things were said (e.g. "bankers should all be shot").

I wish the BBC would stop issuing apologies every time someone has a controversial opinion that makes idiots complain. Grow up, and understand that different people have different opinions. You think he's wrong and a tosser? Fine, try to educate him. The opinions of him and people like him don't just disappear because you censor it.

You don't seem to understand the minds of these people (primarily on the Left). When they hear an opinion they disagree with, they don't think "Ok i'm going to have a debate with this person using reason, and logic", they think "i'm going to silence him." Clarkson is the worst for commiting thought crime after thought crime. They can burn effegies of bankers in the streets, telling them to jump out of windows and stuff, all they like of course.
Reply 73
David Cameron calling that headteacher weak and leftist shocked me tbh...David Cameron is such a dick.
Reply 74
He should've been taken outside the Top Gear studios and shot like a fallen horse years ago.
Reply 75
Of course he would, top chums with Davy and Georgy! All of them *****, every last one of them. It amazes me that people give him the attention which keeps him on our tv's, and them the votes to 'lead' our country when they just piss all over me and you.
Clarkson for PM! ,One thing that must really annoy the communist traitors who run the BBC,is they have to put up with a white male with right wing opinions because he is such a money earner for them, as all the mugs lap his rants up.Clarkson and the BBC do make unusual bedfellows.

Personally I would throw all the occupy vermin off a bridge as well. Defecating in the streets and spreading disease they are.

I also find it typical hypocrisy from the left, that much is made of his shooting strikers rant, and less is made of his far more offensive comments about suicide.
Original post by Elipsis
You don't seem to understand the minds of these people (primarily on the Left). When they hear an opinion they disagree with, they don't think "Ok i'm going to have a debate with this person using reason, and logic", they think "i'm going to silence him." Clarkson is the worst for commiting thought crime after thought crime. They can burn effegies of bankers in the streets, telling them to jump out of windows and stuff, all they like of course.

The vermin of the left don't like it up em. What I like to do,is turn their arguments back on them,make them out to be the intolerant bunch ,scream prejudice when they start bashing israel . It is entertaining to watch.
Ah, JC, you do amuse me.
Reply 79
Original post by Ministerdonut
The vermin of the left don't like it up em. What I like to do,is turn their arguments back on them,make them out to be the intolerant bunch ,scream prejudice when they start bashing israel . It is entertaining to watch.

Sounds like a good plan. The thing that really annoys me is that they think someone on the right couldn't possibly have their hearts in the right place, and be trying to improve the country, because they are so attached to their idealism. The right think the left are essentially nice but a bit misguided, and the left think the right are scum.

Quick Reply

Latest