Turn on thread page Beta

MS Excel watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to make error bars on MS Excel but can't. I have tried the help menu but its no good as it keeps saying I need to find the "selected data series" button in the "formating menu" , but the button isnt there. Someone help.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Miss Scarlet)
    Im trying to make error bars on MS Excel but can't. I have tried the help menu but its no good as it keeps saying I need to find the "selected data series" button in the "formating menu" , but the button isnt there. Someone help.
    Have you drawn a scatter graph, if you're trying to use error bars in another graph type that's probably you're problem?

If so right click on your dots and select format data series...there should be an option in the popup window for error bars.

ReputationRep:
    Double click on one of the actual points plotted on the graph. A dialogue box should come up, containing two different tabs: ''X Error Bars", and "Y Error Bars".

Then you can take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Have you drawn a scatter graph, if you're trying to use error bars in another graph type that's probably you're problem?

If so right click on your dots and select format data series...there should be an option in the popup window for error bars.
    Fantastic. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic. Thanks.
    still doing work buddy? good for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    still doing work buddy? good for you!
    Hehehe...yup.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.