This discussion is closed.
Miss Scarlet
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Im trying to make error bars on MS Excel but can't. I have tried the help menu but its no good as it keeps saying I need to find the "selected data series" button in the "formating menu" , but the button isnt there. Someone help.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Miss Scarlet)
Im trying to make error bars on MS Excel but can't. I have tried the help menu but its no good as it keeps saying I need to find the "selected data series" button in the "formating menu" , but the button isnt there. Someone help.
Have you drawn a scatter graph, if you're trying to use error bars in another graph type that's probably you're problem?

If so right click on your dots and select format data series...there should be an option in the popup window for error bars.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Double click on one of the actual points plotted on the graph. A dialogue box should come up, containing two different tabs: ''X Error Bars", and "Y Error Bars".

Then you can take it from there.
Miss Scarlet
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Have you drawn a scatter graph, if you're trying to use error bars in another graph type that's probably you're problem?

If so right click on your dots and select format data series...there should be an option in the popup window for error bars.
Fantastic. Thanks.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fantastic. Thanks.
still doing work buddy? good for you!
Miss Scarlet
(Original post by Tinykates)
still doing work buddy? good for you!
Hehehe...yup.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (248)
39.49%
Take autumn exams (186)
29.62%
Look for a job (21)
3.34%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.98%
Take a year out (110)
17.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
6.05%

Watched Threads