Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I stated 2050 because of course it will take decades before we see any major changes to the profession, but it will be interesting to see where the profession will lead. Do you think that Architects will be designing with sustainability in mind before all else? Will digital technology completely integrate into designs? Will western architecture be continuing to dominating by then or could we see a new emergence of architectural style?

In fact, could technology advance to the point where Architects are not even needed? ok magine a scenario where the 'clients' are using a form of internet-based design system that virtually models everything for them but the point being it is highly accessible and can be passed on for analysis and eventual construction..

Your thoughts on all this? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've considered this too, I think it's possible to a point, architects may become less design based and more 'enigneery'. I doubt the architect will be completely unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    Can enginners come up with iconic desgines? if enginners were to desgin building entirely themselves wouldn't the outcomes have a very vocabulary form and looks similar most of the times as they will put function first.

ReputationRep:
    The role will cease to exist in all but name, we'll be just another consultant working for a contractor by then (in the UK at least).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 1, 2011

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.