The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by jazzyforever
So I should just apply to any, on my UCAS Form I put Emmanuel down?

If thats the one you really want to go to then probably :smile:.

Even though its not foolproof, the pool system will help you to get into Cambridge as a whole. There's probably less people that apply for Girton and the girls schools every year and they will consider those that apply to their college first, but they all say that they'd rather take someone from the pool that was better. Whether that's entirely true is for you to decide, but if two candidates are the same, they would most likely pick the one that applied to them, mainly because they would have already done it before pooling.

In the end its up to you, it's a hard choice, but they are all good anyways :smile:.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 621
Hi, may I know how is Trinity for medicine?
Hi. Mature student here thinking of applying to Trinity for Land Economy. Any advice please? Thanks. :smile:
Original post by sylhpalr
If thats the one you really want to go to then probably :smile:.

Even though its not foolproof, the pool system will help you to get into Cambridge as a whole. There's probably less people that apply for Girton and the girls schools every year and they will consider those that apply to their college first, but they all say that they'd rather take someone from the pool that was better. Whether that's entirely true is for you to decide, but if two candidates are the same, they would most likely pick the one that applied to them, mainly because they would have already done it before pooling.

In the end its up to you, it's a hard choice, but they are all good anyways :smile:.

Can the pool system be used for mature students?
Reply 624
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Can the pool system be used for mature students?

Sorry, I honestly don't know, but I presume so, I would email admissions to check if I was you =]
Original post by sylhpalr
Sorry, I honestly don't know, but I presume so, I would email admissions to check if I was you =]

Ah ok. I've bombarded them with enough emails already so I guess I'll just leave that to fate now.

I'm torn between Trinity and St Edmund's. They're the only two who have so far said they would accept my qualifications as meeting their entry requirements. If truth be told my heart is set on Trinity but I'm thinking that applying to St Edmund's might be better in order to maximise my chances?
UCAS form sent and I applied for Trinity in the end! Yay!........I hope. :s
Reply 627
UCAS form sent and I applied for Trinity in the end! Yay!........I hope. :s

It seems like we are the only two people applying to Trinity this year :wink:
Original post by Rei_Rei
It seems like we are the only two people applying to Trinity this year :wink:

yeah I know I thought there'd be a mass of people applying. Alas it could be a good omen for the both of us. If we get in i'll get the champagne and that's a promise. You bring the glasses :wink:
Reply 629
yeah I know I thought there'd be a mass of people applying. Alas it could be a good omen for the both of us. If we get in i'll get the champagne and that's a promise. You bring the glasses :wink:

More people might turn up nearer the interviews....
Original post by *Liana*
More people might turn up nearer the interviews....

*chances flying out of the window*

Well technically as I'm applying for an affiliated spot I'll be competing against other affiliates as opposed to those applying for Year 1 but alas it could either me a small pool or a large mass. Yikes.
Reply 631
Hey, is anyone applying to Trinity for PPS?
I got an interview for Economics on the 6th of December, but unfortunately I am unable to attend on that date :frown: I just hope someone with an interview for Economics on the 5th is in a similar situation and is willing to swap for the 6th, as the 5th would be ideal for me :frown:
Original post by freakonomist
I got an interview for Economics on the 6th of December, but unfortunately I am unable to attend on that date :frown: I just hope someone with an interview for Economics on the 5th is in a similar situation and is willing to swap for the 6th, as the 5th would be ideal for me :frown:

Have you emailed them to say that? They might be flexible, but unless the reason you can't go on the 6th is highly important, you might want to consider cancelling your original plans and going for the interview
Original post by It could be lupus
Have you emailed them to say that? They might be flexible, but unless the reason you can't go on the 6th is highly important, you might want to consider cancelling your original plans and going for the interview

Yes I have contacted them and they actually told me that the only possibility to reschedule my interview on the 5th is if some other candidate drops out or wants to swap, thus taking my place on the 6th...
Original post by new123
Is it possible to swap like that?

Are you an oversea applicant - how and when did they notify you about the interview?

I'm an EU student...and I got the e-mail last night, around 11 PM.
Reply 636
Hey guys, I just had a quick question and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help. Has anyone replied back to Trinity directly in order to accept their offer? I don't know whether this is necessary but on my offer letter the admissions tutor said he would be grateful if I wrote back to him with my decision (even though he'll find out through UCAS).

Also, has anyone received any further forms or letters from Trinity? I know some other colleges have sent out fee status forms or the like and I was wondering whether Trinity has sent any out ...
Nobel Prizes, 20th century:
Cambridge 75, including an amazing 31 at Trinity.

Nobel Prizes, 21st century:
Cambridge 13, including only 1 at Trinity.
(edited 12 years ago)
Here's a facebook page for any Trinity offer holders! :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/245394912205989/
Are most Trinity maths students maths olympiad medalists? How do people get in if they are up against such competition?

Latest

Trending

Trending