Turn on thread page Beta

What's up with the Brits? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do Brits look like they're constantly given 20,000 volts? I've noticed that Brits over the age of 20-25 look dishevelled all the time.

ReputationRep:
    It's very cold at this time of year in Britain. When on holiday, you might go to a holiday resort of some kind (e.g. ski resort or beach resort) where a lot of the job is to have fun and look like they're having fun (say if they're entertainers or holiday reps), or the people are actually on holiday, so that might give you a skewed idea of other countries. Plus you're maybe happier on holiday so notice less of the misery around you. Perhaps other people look at you and think "typical miserable brit". I reckon some would with me.

ReputationRep:
    Weather gets depressing after a while. Its neither hot nor cold, nor wet or dry. Its some ****ty place inbetween and its just boring. When it snows everyone wakes up though :>

ReputationRep:
    Her Majesty the Queen ( long may she reign over us ) never looks dishevelled on any of my banknotes or stamps.
    She is over 25...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Her Majesty the Queen ( long may she reign over us ) never looks dishevelled on any of my banknotes or stamps.
    She is over 25...
    rule.

It's rule over us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    rule.

It's rule over us.
    no it isn't

ReputationRep:
    no it isn't
    It is.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. That's just Liverpool mate.

ReputationRep:
    idiotic generalisation once again from this forum

ReputationRep:
    lol you should visit Russia - after that you will think that the Brits look just fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bear)
    no it isn't
    It is.
    Yay! Panto season's here again :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Yay! Panto season's here again :top:
    no it isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouble-trouble)
    lol you should visit Russia - after that you will think that the Brits look just fine
    what? russian girls aren't all tall and blonde?

ReputationRep:
    We're too busy drinking tea and being cynical to worry about apperances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    what? russian girls aren't all tall and blonde?
    Trouble-trouble is typical Russian girl.

ReputationRep:
    Why do Brits look like they're constantly given 20,000 volts? I've noticed that Brits over the age of 20-25 look dishevelled all the time.
    Too much booze and smokes and we love to start having kids at 14 years old so when we are 20-25 we feel middle aged.

ReputationRep:
    no it isn't
    http://www.ohyesitis.net/

ReputationRep:
    I blame the NWO and our lizard overlords.

ReputationRep:
    Are we? I didnt even realise.

Some reasons for why we may be if we are is we normally have hangovers in the morning so dressing ourself takes alot of effort. As for cleaning, damn we arent housewives, we cant afford cleaners so we just let everything pile up. I think it is because it is socially accepted to be untidy in Britain, nobody gives a damn about others mess or tidy/cleansiness.

ReputationRep:
    It's rah-chic man.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.