Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Does anyone know roughly how many people who get interviewed get an offer? Or is it different for each uni?

The unis that I've applied for are:
    Cardiff
    Bath
    Nottingham
    Aston
    Manchester

I have an interview next wednesday at Cardiff and on the 22nd Feb at Nottingham. So I just wonder whether its 2:1 of interview to offer or more? Or everyone who gets an interview gets a place (which would be great )

Good luck to everyone!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    at the bath visit day they said they give an offer to 95% of their interviewees! so u hav to do pretty bad not to get an offer (apparently) not sure about the other unis

ReputationRep:
    *Subscribes*

Also, I'm applying to Bath and Cardiff too!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I see you're applying to Nottingham, OP. One of the pharmacy students at the open day said if you meet the entry requirements and have a solid reference and statement, you're pretty likely to get an offer. :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Manchester - Unless you seriously f*** up. You will be fine. That's basically what the lecturers told me when I went there.

The others, it depends on how much they actually use interviews as a "selection" and not just a final check like Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone, since my last post, I have had an offer from Cardiff - AAB and Aston - AAB (with no interview) which i'm over the moon with.
    And have an interview with Manc in feb, where in the letter it says that most people who are interviewed are given an offer. Just waiting for Bath now!
    Have everyone heard back from all their unis yet?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hollybanolly)
    Thanks everyone, since my last post, I have had an offer from Cardiff - AAB and Aston - AAB (with no interview) which i'm over the moon with.
    And have an interview with Manc in feb, where in the letter it says that most people who are interviewed are given an offer. Just waiting for Bath now!
    Have everyone heard back from all their unis yet?
    I got the same offer from Aston without an interview :laugh: What do they want the As in? And what's your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryKoi)
    I got the same offer from Aston without an interview :laugh: What do they want the As in? And what's your top choice?
    I don't think they mind what the As was in, mine was in photography so I dropped it and carried on the 3 main subjects - Chem, bio and statistics.
    My top choices so far is either Cardiff or Bath, (these are the only 2 I've actually been to ) but really loved both city's. But I've only had an offer from Cardiff (and Aston- I doubt Aston is my first choice though). Manchester and Nottingham (and Aston) I'm seeing in Feb, so everything might change once I've been to these unis!
    What are your top choices?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry only just realised you didn't mean As level :P

I think it said in the offer they want both A's in Bio and Chem oh dear!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sorry only just realised you didn't mean As level :P

I think it said in the offer they want both A's in Bio and Chem oh dear!
    That's the same offer I got, I doubt they'll be my first choice either tbh, I'm not even predicted an A in chem! :eek4: But I'd love to go to either Manchester or Nottingham.

I went to the open day at Bath, it was amazing! Wasn't the vice president of the students union called David Cameron? Good times :')

Congratulations on your offers, you're lucky you've already got an offer from one of your top choices haha.

ReputationRep:
    That's the same offer I got, I doubt they'll be my first choice either tbh, I'm not even predicted an A in chem! :eek4: But I'd love to go to either Manchester or Nottingham.

I went to the open day at Bath, it was amazing! Wasn't the vice president of the students union called David Cameron? Good times :')

Congratulations on your offers, you're lucky you've already got an offer from one of your top choices haha.
    I know, I was like I doubt I'll get A's in both! Haha so looks like Astons at the bottom of the pile, but they did invite me to an open day where they'll then do interviews, which if we didn't get the grades they may lower the barriers which would be nice

Haha! That's scary

Thank you I was over the moon with Cardiff, have you heard back from Manchester? I've been given an interview date and they said most people who get interviewed get an offer so hopefully you'll get interviewed
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know, I was like I doubt I'll get A's in both! Haha so looks like Astons at the bottom of the pile, but they did invite me to an open day where they'll then do interviews, which if we didn't get the grades they may lower the barriers which would be nice

Haha! That's scary

Thank you I was over the moon with Cardiff, have you heard back from Manchester? I've been given an interview date and they said most people who get interviewed get an offer so hopefully you'll get interviewed
    Ahh they invited me to that too. Speaking of A's, how's your biology and chemistry revision going? I'm doing the same subjects as you except with maths instead of stats lol, and I am just stressed out all day everyday.

Manchester have only acknowledged my application so far. I do hope I get an interview but if not then not to worry. When did you send your ucas application off?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 23, 2011

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.