Turn on thread page Beta

Price and probablity for me to see wembley final watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody!

I am a Liverpool supporter and planning on going to see the Carling Cup final the 9th of January 2012, IF Liverpool defeat, Manchester City in the semis,

I wonder when the deadline could be to book?

Because I wouldn't like to risk booking the tickets before the second leg of the semi finals! The second leg will be played January 23 2012,

The final will be played in late february, so u think I can book tickets to be with LFC Supporters the day after second leg?

Last but not least, what is the price for the final if for instance Liverpool would play Crystal Palace in the final?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmaattrriixx)
    Hey everybody!

I am a Liverpool supporter and planning on going to see the Carling Cup final the 9th of January 2012, IF Liverpool defeat, Manchester City in the semis,

I wonder when the deadline could be to book?

Because I wouldn't like to risk booking the tickets before the second leg of the semi finals! The second leg will be played January 23 2012,

The final will be played in late february, so u think I can book tickets to be with LFC Supporters the day after second leg?

Last but not least, what is the price for the final if for instance Liverpool would play Crystal Palace in the final?

Cheers!
    Tickets should be released after the semi finals but it won't be so close after the semi finals. Information for the final tickets will probably be released then and then there'll be a few weeks before anyone can purchase them.

You'll have to purchase them through the club. Are you a season ticket holder or club member of any kind? If not, I doubt you'll get any tickets as these people are the first priority for tickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StillIll)
    Tickets should be released after the semi finals but it won't be so close after the semi finals. Information for the final tickets will probably be released then and then there'll be a few weeks before anyone can purchase them.

You'll have to purchase them through the club. Are you a season ticket holder or club member of any kind? If not, I doubt you'll get any tickets as these people are the first priority for tickets.
    Ok, I see, thanks for the reply,

I am planning on becoming a member of the Swedish supporters bransch because i currently live in Sweden, then maybe I could go via them or something similar?

Got no season tickets.... But can I be a member from here in the official LFC.TV site?

Any suggestions for me?

PS. What can a normal place at that game roughly cost? (In the Liverpool sector)
    (not a bad place, a good one but ofcourse not the most expensive one)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I see, thanks for the reply,

I am planning on becoming a member of the Swedish supporters bransch because i currently live in Sweden, then maybe I could go via them or something similar?

Got no season tickets.... But can I be a member from here in the official LFC.TV site?

Any suggestions for me?

PS. What can a normal place at that game roughly cost? (In the Liverpool sector)
    (not a bad place, a good one but ofcourse not the most expensive one)
    I've no idea I'm afraid mate as I'm not a Liverpool fan and I don't know how their membership scheme works. Generally tickets go on sale to season ticket holders, then members and (if there are any left) then general sale. However, I don't Liverpool tickets won't reach general sale because they'll be sold out already.

I don't know whether the Swedish supporter's branch will count to be honest. You'll just have to wait to see when ticket details are announced to see what they class as members.

Last year they started at £38, then £54, £70, and £86, with the best seats being the most expensive. I imagine it'll be similar this time.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you pay £200 plus, you won't get one as you wont get one via the club.

And you don't deserve one anway.

Go to Wigan at home and stop being a big game beaut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    Unless you pay £200 plus, you won't get one as you wont get one via the club.

And you don't deserve one anway.

Go to Wigan at home and stop being a big game beaut.
    U kidding me?

I've watched nearly every game for us this season at the pub with the Swedish Supporter's Bransch, I've done my best and up until now and only missed 1 league game!

Done the best I can from here mate!

YNWA!

ReputationRep:
    No chance mate.

ReputationRep:
    U kidding me?

I've watched nearly every game for us this season at the pub with the Swedish Supporter's Bransch, I've done my best and up until now and only missed 1 league game!

YNWA!
    Support your local team.

Or support Villa.

Either is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    Support your local team.

Or support Villa.

Either is acceptable.
    Never.

Been to Anfield before of course! I am raised in the UK mate :P Not in Liverpool but yeah I was still:

I was born a Red, and I live a Red and will Die a Red!

Always been and always will be a Liverpool supporter

ReputationRep:
    U kidding me?

YNWA!
    Whilst I appreciate that, there are people more deserving imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    Whilst I appreciate that, there are people more deserving imo.
    This. There will realistically be a 35,000 seat allocation per club, tops. I'm willing to guess that there are 35,000 season ticket holders at Liverpool. Therefore the tickets must go to the most loyal fans and any other way of allocating them is unfair.

OP, if you wanted to go to Liverpool to see a match I'd advise that you start with a more accessible fixture, like Wigan at home as suggested. I go to Spurs most weeks at the moment and I wouldn't dream of trying to go to a cup final unless I had been to all previous rounds. What'd be the point?

I do recommend attending matches though. Once you go, even to Wigan or whoever, the pub will never be the same again

ReputationRep:
    I am raised in the UK mate :P Not in Liverpool but yeah I was still:
    Where were you raised?

ReputationRep:
    Allocation of 31,500 the same as recent previous finals. As someone already said, tickets will start at £38 for Category 3 (Wembley Level 5) and go up to £86 (Cat 1, Lower Tier ends).

Your best option without a season ticket would be to go through Thomas Cook Sport. They've got the same kind of deal with Liverpool as they do with us and when we've played in Carling Cup finals they've offered coach packages with a match ticket included. The price is inflated so you might end up paying £100 for a Cat 3 ticket where most of it goes on the coach price, but you're guaranteed a ticket through a legitimate, official distributor!

ReputationRep:
    Surely you have a team to support in Sweden? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Allocation of 31,500 the same as recent previous finals. As someone already said, tickets will start at £38 for Category 3 (Wembley Level 5) and go up to £86 (Cat 1, Lower Tier ends).

Your best option without a season ticket would be to go through Thomas Cook Sport. They've got the same kind of deal with Liverpool as they do with us and when we've played in Carling Cup finals they've offered coach packages with a match ticket included. The price is inflated so you might end up paying £100 for a Cat 3 ticket where most of it goes on the coach price, but you're guaranteed a ticket through a legitimate, official distributor!
    Club sponsored touting. Disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    stop advising him to go to Wigan at home, it was terrible last season. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    Club sponsored touting. Disgrace.
    Touting is such a strong word, I believe hospitality is the correct term.

I agree though, clubs getting enormous fees off "official travel partners" in exchange for a percentage of their allocation is shameful. Deals with ticket partners like Seatwave and Viagogo are just as bad too!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is so lol.

From a cardiff city fan

Can't wait to **** you scouse kents up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Touting is such a strong word, I believe hospitality is the correct term.

I agree though, clubs getting enormous fees off "official travel partners" in exchange for a percentage of their allocation is shameful. Deals with ticket partners like Seatwave and Viagogo are just as bad too!
    LFC we're pulled up on it during the supporters committee.

Can the Club explain why Thomas Cook Sport is offering a Chelsea home match ticket with a room at the Malmaison for £616 when a room only at the Mailmaison is only £149, in effect, making the match ticket £467?

Points raised: It is critical for the Club to generate revenue in order compete domestically and internationally. Thomas Cook is just one example of a great sponsorship deal, which generates around £5m each year for the Club. Anfield has a capacity of 45,500 and the match-break products referred to in the question amount to about 180 tickets a game, which is very small in the scheme of things. The products are very popular with fans and Thomas Cook reports that they could sell three times as many opportunities over and above what they currently offer. It is essential that sponsors get a return on their investment, as this is vital to the success of the Club.
    Which basically translates as 'LFC will only turn a blind eye to touting if you agree to sponsor the club. Oh, and we could sell three times as many if we wanted so stop your moaning before we give them your tickets too'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    LFC we're pulled up on it during the supporters committee.

Which basically translates as 'LFC will only turn a blind eye to touting if you agree to sponsor the club. Oh, and we could sell three times as many if we wanted so stop your moaning before we give them your tickets too'
    It's good that the club were actually questioned on it tbh, although that response is rather indicative of the problems in modern football. I can't remember a time where there's been such a huge disconnect between club and supporters at most Premier League clubs.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of dipstick would pay £616 for a hotel and match ticket in the first place when they could buy the hotel room for £149 and get a ticket off a regular tout or touting website for probably less than £200.

I long for a day when the Premier League is season ticket only, kick the part-timers out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 2, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.