This discussion is closed.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey..

As an international student, can I do part time work? Also, how much is the pay there? Just curious because it'd be nice if I could take a tiny bit of the financial burden off my parents

thanks!
xoxo
Ladyluck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Hey..

As an international student, can I do part time work? Also, how much is the pay there? Just curious because it'd be nice if I could take a tiny bit of the financial burden off my parents

thanks!
xoxo
European students can get work without too many problems, they have the same employment opportunities anywhere in the E.U so ive heard.

I dont know where you are from? --

Pay is usually RUBBISH- minimum wage or below, as there are so many students all wanting jobs they dont need to try hard to attract them. At the College library where i am at they pay 4.10 an hour for boring mundane work. Some of durhams libraries employ students as shelvers and such but for around the same wage. SOme of the colleges only have employment for an hour at a time, to be fair to allow more students to work and to have a bigger pool of students to cover.

Alot of unis run a "Job Shop" where you tell them what sort of work you want to do eg. Bar / Shop / cleaning etc, then they match you up, as employers often sign up to them to solve their all their employee problems in one go!
PoisonJam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been working at Sainsbury's for 3 years, when I start University I'll get a store transfer. =D I get paid quite a bit for doing sod all really...
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
lol. Whats the web address?
just search 'the sinner' on google n u'll find it...its useful for looking at student opinions about accomation n stuff!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.53%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (45)
14.85%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (106)
34.98%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.57%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (66)
21.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.28%

Watched Threads