Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in such a pissed off mood right now, I just need to let this all out.

Basically there is a girl in my college of whom I used to be best friends since Year 7 but we fell out in Year 10 and never spoke properly since. I guess the reason as to why we fell out was because she started talking to other people and blanking me, sort of pushing me out of the picture. I'll admit, yeah it was hard trying to move on when the person you saw as one of your closest friends who understood you the most starts ignoring you and eventullly ganging up on you as a bully with one of your biggest enemies. But as soon as I started Year 11 I decided to turn over a new leaf in my life, concentrate more on school and make new friends. Year 11 was cool because as far as I know I got no hassle from her and her mates, but later on in Year 12 noticed her rolling her eyes and sighing whenever I spoke in class and being a total stuck up *****. Now in Year 13 her, her other friend and this new chick who I thought was actually nice have turned against me and have been really rude and immature. For example, in class today they were taking turns to yell at me to shut up whilst I was talking to my friends. I did ignore them, but still, why the **** are they being so rude for when I havent done anything to them?

What I'm trying to ask is, why are these dumb *****es giving attitude to me when I havent done anything wrong, and if anything there the ones who have hurt me the most?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. This is the kind of crap that happens in secondary school.

They're kids basically, haven't grown up mentally.

ReputationRep:
    you better ask them yourself, not me mate

ReputationRep:
    Ignore them; rise above!

ReputationRep:
    They're clearly insecure and very childish. I would have thought people would be over that type of behaviour by now! It may be difficult, but just ignore them. This time next year you are unlikely to know them. If I were you, I'd focus on studying and just staying with other friends. Try not to resort to it, or you would risk giving them the satisfaction. Unfortunately, some people are like that and it's often due to their own issues.

ReputationRep:
    just let them be, they don't deserve your anger...ignore them and concentrate on other things...
    they are not worth it...

ReputationRep:
    I've spoken to a friend about it, and she totally understood and said that the girls are pathetic. She, like me is completely clueless as to why they're being *****es.

ReputationRep:
    You might get angry at me for saying this op butt..
    Man the fxck up! from that post you sound like your crying as you're typing

Either ignore them or remove them from your thought patterns completely, or make new friends to take your mind off of them. And if she continues talking ****e about you, then thats the time to show her she ****ed with the wrong guy and take her head on if you get what i mean, just dont let her get to you, your a big boy and you have bigger things to worry about then some gweto lackey *****!

ReputationRep:
    Next time they do that either ignore them or there's the option of calmly stating "I'm trying to have a conversation with a friend, I don't understand why you have a problem with me but I have nothing against you." and turn away. This is effective in a group as it makes her look immature and petty.

A while ago, a girl who disliked me spread a heard rumor that I was threatening to beat her up and confronted me angrily in front of a large crowd of people I said "Well this is the first I've heard of it, I have no intention of harming you and I don't have a problem with you." She walked away and didn't speak to me again and I didn't hear anything she said through the grapevine.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.