Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If we don't, do you think it will be fine to ask them about it at the end of the interview when we get a chance to ask questions or do you think they will get annoyed; as we get our results in January anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I might do this with the MLAT, quite curious about it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, same, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask at the end of the interview, you won't be given an answer as they will still have to interview other people and they have to maintain absolute neutrality. You may find out when you find out your results but they have no obligation to tell you; I am still waiting to find out how I did on my language papers over 2 years ago!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by EdmundB)
    Don't ask at the end of the interview, you won't be given an answer as they will still have to interview other people and they have to maintain absolute neutrality. You may find out when you find out your results but they have no obligation to tell you; I am still waiting to find out how I did on my language papers over 2 years ago!
    Well, but there's no real point in telling people who were successful, is there? If they did amazingly well it will only make them big-headed and if they didn't do as well as they had hoped they'll be disappointed, but either way it won't really matter once they're here.:dontknow: It's only unsuccessful applicants who could potentially benefit from hearing their test results.

ReputationRep:
    Point noted, I guess it would kind of silly if I asked. Don't see how it would be breaking neutrality though, mind you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deep456)
    Point noted, I guess it would kind of silly if I asked. Don't see how it would be breaking neutrality though, mind you..
    It takes one tool of intimidation out of candidates hands. Competitiveness at interviews is an issue that colleges really want to get rid of. Interviews are very subjective and if someone strolls in going "Oh, that was easy", you might get a bit panicky, but you also know that he might have just missed the point. If someone strolls in saying "I got this score on the TSA" and you got substantially lower then you start to panic, even though he could easily be lying. This way, anything concrete any other applicant says to you has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Last year a few people asked at the end of their interview, and were told the score. (I know this only because at least one member on TSR posted to say he did so)

However, as the others pointed out, I wouldn't recommend it. You'll find out eventually, and honestly it doesn't matter.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.