Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It maybe just a rumor but apparently, Imperial divide their candidates into 2 categories: The ones which they will most likely give an offer and whom they interview early, and a maybe category, which they interview at feburary or march. Is this true? and also if you get an interview, are you 80% likely to get an offer, provided you don't mess up totally??

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine not, but I can't be entirely sure.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like conjecture to me, but I know little about Imperial so can't say for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone applying to Oxbridge applies early because of their early deadlines. Since Oxbridge applicants tend to be self-selecting you would expect this former group to be more successful on average, because they will be better on average. But that doesn't necessarily mean later interviewees are in some sort of bin pile.

Another thing to consider is that universities have a set number of places. They will give them out at first to people they think are good enough, but later it will get to the point where there are only x places left and so they will go to the x best candidates, even if that standard ends up being higher than what was thought good enough earlier in the year. It's not intentional, but since you have no way of knowing what the quality will be like it's unavoidable to an extent.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.