Turn on thread page Beta

work experience in a bank? watch

ReputationRep:
    For my year12 work experience I would like to get experience in a bank in Cardiff?
    Any help in how to get one? I have no close contacts, so should I write to them and visit them?? please help!

ReputationRep:
    If I was you, I'd speak to your sixth form teachers (or year 11 work experience administrator). I only recommend you to talk to your teachers (incl. year 11 work experience admin) because they may have contacts (esp being a work experience admin).

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest that you write to them a few months before your work experience in due to start.
    Then it gives them a lot of time to allocate a place for you before other people want to have the same placement as you.
    You can always go and visit them and ask the manager whether you would be allowed to - give them your CV

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.