Turn on thread page Beta

How to get more volume in your hair? watch

ReputationRep:
    i would like more volume to the roots of my hair... like this girls

http://www.youtube.com/user/xmegmo#p/u/1/t9JfeXc61uY

like i have long hair, side parted.. grown out fring... but my "fringe" kind of lies flat...

this is close to what my hair looks like (except my hair is brown)

but my fringe is flatter... i just kind of want the front fringe part to stand up a bit and have more volume!

i dont want to have to put in loads of effort tho

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise backcombing and hairspray.

ReputationRep:
    Put loud speakers in it?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried backcombing? It makes my hair look poofy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i

xx
    http://www.wantthelook.com/shop/prod...ugar-Dust/3248

This.

Gives the same effect of back combing without any of the damage.

Its a powder that you massage into the root which gives instant long lasting volume and doesn't look you have had an explosion of dandruff either despite it being a powder.

Highly recommend.

ReputationRep:
    Backcombing damages your hair.

You should just blowdry it whilst your hair is upside down. And sprayy..

ReputationRep:
    Dry your hair with your head upside-down, and whilst still upside-down, spray some hair spray (or sea salt spray) lightly into your roots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty)
    Have you tried backcombing? It makes my hair look poofy!!!
    hmm i dont really want to do that.. the only person i know who does that looks ridiculous, like a birds nest (i'm sure you don't, but i would probably be as bad as she is at it)... plus im not sure i could be bothered... and it would be too tangly..

AND i cant imagine it's that good for your hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    Backcombing damages your hair.

You should just blowdry it whilst your hair is upside down. And sprayy..

(Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Dry your hair with your head upside-down, and whilst still upside-down, spray some hair spray (or sea salt spray) lightly into your roots.
    i have tried that but i don't like the way my hair looks when blowdried even though it has more volume it goes straight, also the heat isnt good for your hair

if i do do it though, do i hairspray when wet or dry? and won't it just come out if i brush? and i'd have to wash every day which isn't good for your hair... and it makes my hair feel kind of weird/matted

sorry i'm not that good with hair stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    http://www.wantthelook.com/shop/prod...ugar-Dust/3248

This.

Gives the same effect of back combing without any of the damage.

Its a powder that you massage into the root which gives instant long lasting volume and doesn't look you have had an explosion of dandruff either despite it being a powder.

Highly recommend.
    thanks will give it a go! do you use it?

do i have to wash it each day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    thanks will give it a go! do you use it?

do i have to wash it each day?
    Yes I do.

If you go into any hairdresser and ask about "back combing powder" they should know what you mean, I use the bumble and bumble one.

I find washing my hair every other day or every 3 days is satisfactory. Its so long it takes ages and ages to style/dry and secondly because washing too often strips your hair of its natural oils. My hair is relatively light too so I dont like it looking dull/lacklustre.

But yes do it it looks more natural than backcombing. I went through a big back combing stage but hardly do it at all any more, as I think some natural movement through the hair is a better look for me personally

ReputationRep:
    I got thin and flat hair....

Apparently guys seem to be liking my hair more thats why I was suggesting it...

Yes it does make ur hair look like a bird's nest but then u are supposed to brush on top of it... (To make it look neat again...)

But yeh then just play a bit with ur hair and it shud seem to hav more volume....

Lawlz I dont really trust those hair products that say they do it... Also Im sure hairspray is quite bad for ur hair too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Chance)
    Put loud speakers in it?

Booo! It didn't take someone long

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.