Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who thinks Yellowcard are an absolutely amazing band, im gutted because they've sold out in Manchester, Ocean Avenue live would have just been immense!

ReputationRep:
    Yer they're pretty good, Ocean Avenue and Lights and Sounds are great songs

ReputationRep:
    They're OK, really nothing special though.

I do love Sure Thing Falling though, their best song.

ReputationRep:
    I love the Yellowcard. You can make your money back on one in an evening easily. And it lasts for a year! On top of that you can use it in any scream bar in the country.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love them! Im so annoyed i wont be able to see them in London, especially seen as theyre playing on my 18th, and that would have been my birthday pressie to me would have made it rememberable

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you seem them in Kings student union? That was a reallly good gig, we were upstairs and they walked straight passed us so we said hey to them. Was a v good gig.

ReputationRep:
    Not me...

ReputationRep:
    I liked one of their albums - Ocean Avenue i think, i haven't heard their latest though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    Who thinks Yellowcard are an absolutely amazing band, im gutted because they've sold out in Manchester, Ocean Avenue live would have just been immense!
    I have the Ocean Avenue album - top songs on there! Definitely one of my favourite bands at the moment. Anyone heard Gifts and Curses from the Spiderman II soundtrack? Amazing song

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard their latest album, but have Ocean Avenue. It's generic punk rock with some "deep" lyrics... I like.

ReputationRep:
    They're ok ... the violin in their songs is very nice though. I like some tracks from them like "Lights and Sounds," and "Only One." They can be very catchy.

ReputationRep:
    i think their new album is a lot more mature, good on em !

ReputationRep:
    OMG! They are like mine and a really old friends favourite band and we are going to see then at Rock City in Nottingham!!

The best 18th Birthday Present from any of my friends by far !!!!

I loved 'Ocean Avenue'- I can't think of a song on there I'd skip if it came on - but I bought lights and sounds, and I'm really not keen on it. Apart from 'lights and sounds' and a couple of others it was kinda dull, nothing like the brilliance of 'view from heaven' (IMO the best song on Ocean Avenue).

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love the album Ocean Avenue and adored them when that first came out. Also like Rough Draft and Firewater very much but the new album isn't so up my street. They've gone far more... I dunno old school punk maybe? They're not such tunes to sing along to and the lyrics don't make me sob

(Original post by Bluelight)
    AWESOME!!

The new album kicks, first is better though.

My favourite song, (keep forgetting the name) "waht's a life for Dad, tell me why I'm here Dad, growing up to be a better man...", that is so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    AWESOME!!

The new album kicks, first is better though.

My favourite song, (keep forgetting the name) "waht's a life for Dad, tell me why I'm here Dad, growing up to be a better man...", that is so good.
    Haha, good song, that. It's called Life of a Salesman, I believe. My personal favourite from the Ocean Avenue album, though, would have to be Inside Out - that is one rocking tune!

That said, there was a time when I loved all the songs off the album, but having heard it constantly for almost four months straight... well, you can understand. Still, I wouldn't skip a song if it came on!

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought the "Ocean avenue" song was really bad. I agree about "Inside out" the other's are good too - but "ocean avenue" is awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I actually thought the "Ocean avenue" song was really bad. I agree about "Inside out" the other's are good too - but "ocean avenue" is awful
    Lol really? I quite liked that one! Why do you say that?

ReputationRep:
    All the songs on Ocean Avenue were amazing, especially Ocean Avenue , Breathing, Way Away and view from heaven. The new album is still immense it just has i dunno a really different feel to it, i guess its less gimmicky.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.