Turn on thread page Beta

Well I've been with my boyfriend for almost 8 months and I feel...nothing

At the start it was quite nice and we'd go for long walks, go to the cinema, see my friends etc. He's 23 and I'm his first girlfriend and this is my first real relationship. He was quite shy and quiet when I met him and I wanted to bring him out of his shell, introduce him to friends and make him happy.

However, I went with him at a bad time. I was feeling a little bit depressed about things before I had met him and in a way he made me feel a bit better about myself because I wasn't focusing on those things. I'm only realising now that we're not really similar and trying to get a conversation going is sometimes a little difficult.

I don't know whether I'm compatible with him. Sometimes I think it could work, sometimes I don't. Whenever I kiss him I don't feel anything and I've had sex with him and haven't felt a thing .

I feel so guilty. This guy is really nice and I've taken those things from him and I know he won't forget but sometimes I think about whether this is right for me.

Tbh, I'm not sure if this depressive phase I'm going through has put this barrier of anything ever progressing with him & I, or if we've never been compatible in the first place. What d'you reckon I should do: let him go for both our benefits, or see how things go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I've been with my boyfriend for almost 8 months and I feel...nothing

At the start it was quite nice and we'd go for long walks, go to the cinema, see my friends etc. He's 23 and I'm his first girlfriend and this is my first real relationship. He was quite shy and quiet when I met him and I wanted to bring him out of his shell, introduce him to friends and make him happy.

However, I went with him at a bad time. I was feeling a little bit depressed about things before I had met him and in a way he made me feel a bit better about myself because I wasn't focusing on those things. I'm only realising now that we're not really similar and trying to get a conversation going is sometimes a little difficult.

I don't know whether I'm compatible with him. Sometimes I think it could work, sometimes I don't. Whenever I kiss him I don't feel anything and I've had sex with him and haven't felt a thing .

I feel so guilty. This guy is really nice and I've taken those things from him and I know he won't forget but sometimes I think about whether this is right for me.

Tbh, I'm not sure if this depressive phase I'm going through has put this barrier of anything ever progressing with him & I, or if we've never been compatible in the first place. What d'you reckon I should do: let him go for both our benefits, or see how things go?
    You feel nothing because he's always there and you take him for granted, no excitement. Wait until you find a guy that cheats on you and blows you off for his mates. Then you'll be having the time of your life.

But seriously all sarcasm aside you should let him know how you feel and end it. Sure he'll cry like a pussy but in the end you're doing him and yourself a favour.

(Original post by Zamolxes)
    You feel nothing because he's always there and you take him for granted, no excitement. Wait until you find a guy that cheats on you and blows you off for his mates. Then you'll be having the time of your life.

But seriously all sarcasm aside you should let him know how you feel and end it. Sure he'll cry like a pussy but in the end you're doing him and yourself a favour.
    God, it's going to be hard.
    D'you think it might ot work at all though because surely the way I've been feeling can hold some barrier?

ReputationRep:
    If there's no chemistry there, it just won't work long term. You really should feel something when kissing and having sex in a romantic relationship, even if your feelings are somewhat muted due to depression. I think you just need other people to tell you to bite the bullet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.