Portfolio help please?! Watch

CrazyMel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I posted this a while ago but it got no replies and my interview is on Wednesday so I'm kind of freaking out a bit, so any help would be most appreciated!

So, I'm applying for Media courses and two of them (Digital Media Practice/Visual Effects and Motion Graphic) have asked me to come to an interview and bring along a portfolio. I'm putting together a big flipbook folder with everything that I've done. I spoke to a teacher and she advised me to make a portfolio of my 'Creativity Life' and basically show anything I've ever done which is creative, and show certificate of attendance at anything I've ever gone to.

I'm also putting some animation and online material on a memory stick to show them, and I'll probably make a .pdf file of my flipbook folder unless they keep it?

I've so far got stuff about my attendance and effort at school, how I've done Global Rock, stuff about me volunteering at the Olympics, my hospital radio career and my dancing. I'm also going to put in about my Media AS work, and some animation stuff I've done for my Media A2 trailer so far. In addition to creative things I have made, designed and drawn and Art coursework.

I'm a bit stumped on what else to put inside my folder and what to say in my interview, does anyone have any tips?
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be honest, I don't think they're interested in anything other than your artwork. It sounds like you might have got too much in it already. When universities ask for a digital portfolio as a pre-interview selectiopn method, they usually ask for 10 images, which is a bit of a guide as to how much they need to make their minds up. The usual advice is to only put your best stuff in, even if it makes for a thin portfolio. Look at the sticky at the top of this forum. I honestly don't think you should put your attendance and effort certificate in.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (750)
90.58%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (78)
9.42%

Watched Threads