Turn on thread page Beta

How to put on weight? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been told I need to gain weight, so I'm eating lots of pasta and bread (and aslo many many biscuits... sorry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamy_girl)
    I've been told I need to gain weight, so I'm eating lots of pasta and bread (and aslo many many biscuits... sorry)
    people on TSR seem so easily persuaded. Theres lots of people that say like "someone said i was too fat/thin so im eating less/more now LOLZ!!!"

Even if it was your doctor. Personally id consider if YOU think you need to gain weight. Or if it helps, I hereby tell you that you do not need to gain weight. Now you can stop if you want

ReputationRep:
    Prettyboy where are you getting your info from? By the sounds of it someone has been telling you porkies.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, you see I was kinda chubby as a 11-12 year old, but grew a couple of inches (and i'm now 15) and remained the same weight (52 kg). I have noticed myself getting thinner (especially my legs) but I honestly haven't changed my eating or exercise habits. It's just a bit weird for me to see a gap between my legs when I used to be kinda fat.

Also, my clothes have gotten baggy and i'd like to fit into them again. And have boobs

ReputationRep:
    It's not necessarily how much your currently eat, it's the change in how much you eat.

Your body is currently used to eating x amount of calories a day, and deals with them sufficiently that you don't put on weight. Just eat more!

To the people suggesting high fat foods like chocolate etc, that's a very bad way to gain weight. You want to be looking at lots of good quality foods - chicken breasts, tuna with plenty of fruit, vegetables and fresh water are the best way to gain healthily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    To the people suggesting high fat foods like chocolate etc, that's a very bad way to gain weight.
    what is bad about high-fat foods? Lets not include chocolate because its also very high in sugar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_eleven)
    what is bad about high-fat foods? Lets not include chocolate because its also very high in sugar
    It's bad to overdo anything in your diet... The same reason why you should eat McDonalds every day for 30 days - too much salt, too much saturated fat... There's some things that are better to overdo than others though!

ReputationRep:
    It's bad to overdo anything in your diet... The same reason why you should eat McDonalds every day for 30 days - too much salt, too much saturated fat... There's some things that are better to overdo than others though!
    how much fat is overdoing your fat intake? What are the consequences?

ReputationRep:
    I like skinny boyz. Eat more pies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    Listen, its simple.

More calories in.

Best form of these calories = raw fat.

Hence, olive oil.
    Don't think it'll work, olive oil is unsaturated fat.

Sorry, i'm trying to apply sheep nutrition here to make sense of you all.

ReputationRep:
    stop at every fast food resturant you see

ReputationRep:
    are you sure theyre not just saying this because their jealous?
    if not then just snack lots between meals and build up your muscles around that area. the only problem is you cant control where the fat is put on so you could end up looking really odd.

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but what would you know?
    very offensive comment there. lets see, what do you know?

ReputationRep:
    It's not necessarily how much your currently eat, it's the change in how much you eat.

Your body is currently used to eating x amount of calories a day, and deals with them sufficiently that you don't put on weight. Just eat more!

To the people suggesting high fat foods like chocolate etc, that's a very bad way to gain weight. You want to be looking at lots of good quality foods - chicken breasts, tuna with plenty of fruit, vegetables and fresh water are the best way to gain healthily.
    interesting, as those are also the things you're supposed to eat when you want to LOSE weight...?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    How can it be a joke. Look, again, I have studied this extensively, in depth and for many years.

Carbohydrate = Sugar
    If you eat high gl/gi carbohyrates your body goes into fat storage mode.

Whereas if you eat RAW fat such as ev-olive oil your blood sugar stays the same thus directly feeding your muscles and body.

Leaving you with a sufficient number of calories for puttin on weight without the blood sugar rise.

Milk has got carbohydrate but the GI is only 32 (i.e. very low) thus the fat storage will be minimal.

I would suggest you retract your comment before you come out with any more uneducated 'part time' comments.
    Your first comment is incorrect, if there is a need for nutrients elsewhere, for example in your muscles after a hard workout, your bodies primary goal is to replenish that tissue. So in this case ingesting hi GI/GL foods will aid that process.

Carbohydrate = Sugar - wrong, there are many different structures of carbohydrates, go do some reading.

Your blood "sugar" may remain the same but thats irrelevant, its about insulin levels. Olive oil will raise insulin response, especially if ingested in amounts of the region of 40ml in one sitting.

Milk is full of lactose, a simple carbohydrate, with a high GI rating.

This becomes irrelevant when food combining anyway, as different foods consumed at the same time alter the GI/GL/II ratings.

In short, drinking olive oil and milk in the same sitting is a recipe for massive fat gain, you stupid prick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    interesting, as those are also the things you're supposed to eat when you want to LOSE weight...?! :confused:
    It would go a long way to helping, all sarcasm aside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    It would go a long way to helping, all sarcasm aside.
    so, what, you eat those things if you want to lose weight or if you want to gain weight?! meh, i don't understand. i just eat whatever seems yummy

ReputationRep:
    You are all a bunch of skinny runts. If you want to grow up to be a big boy you gotta eat lots of food. This isnt just going large on your mcdonalds value meal, we are talking many dozens of eggs, dozen chickens, loads of fish, oats, pasta and many gallons of milk Every week. Week after week. Before you go to bed have at least 1/2 kilo of cottage cheese. When you are down the gym lift back breaking weights so that you feel like dieing for an hour aftwerwards. Then add another 20k plate on each end. If you wanna go and listen to the **** on muscletalk posting photos of there tensed biceps go and do that, but forever remain skinny. You will find the big people spend too much time eating or training.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the OP saying he wanted to become a "tank".

ReputationRep:
    Dude, I'm hardly skinny. I'm a 16.5 stone rugby player.

Bein big for the sake of bein big is a little sad and its usually insecure people who do all that backbreaking and eating.

But dietary wise, you're not far off the mark.
    :wtf?:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.