Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wanna dye my hair black, just cos Ive always wanted to and decided now is the time to risk it. Can you get dye for males which can be instantly washed out if you dont like the result? I wouldnt wanna wait weeks if I hated it..

ReputationRep:
    Oi people help me

ReputationRep:
    I would say avoid black like the plague.

It's too emo.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Maybe asking in the fashions and beauty sub forum would get you more responses....

ReputationRep:
    I wanna dye my hair black, just cos Ive always wanted to and decided now is the time to risk it. Can you get dye for males which can be instantly washed out if you dont like the result? I wouldnt wanna wait weeks if I hated it..

ReputationRep:
    if the dye can be washed out, then it wouldn't stay even if you like it... i suggest you try a removable one first (which goes off at the first shampoo) to see the effect, then buy a proper one if you like it, but there isnt one that stays on if you like it and comes off if you don't... wud b too good to b true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolo)
    if the dye can be washed out, then it wouldn't stay even if you like it... i suggest you try a removable one first (which goes off at the first shampoo) to see the effect, then buy a proper one if you like it, but there isnt one that stays on if you like it and comes off if you don't... wud b too good to b true
    OK so where do I go, and what do I look for? :| Ive never bought anythin like this obviously. Will it just say ''removeable'' on the packet?! And will there be one for men or is it all the same?

ReputationRep:
    hair dye isnt gender specific AFAIK...
    you can get shaders and toners which wash out after a few washes, but i dont know if you can get them in black.
    other option is semi-permanent dye which will wash out if you wash your hair enough haha.

ReputationRep:
    ew, dyed black hair. :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worried_mess)
    you can use any dye it doesnt have to be for males but even if you use a temp dye you would be etremly lucky if it all came out if you didnt like it

ReputationRep:
    what colour was it to start with?

i've bleached all mine a few times

ReputationRep:
    Don't dye it black- not good. Dye it Natural Darkest Brown- it's virtually the same. I dyed mine that last August, but hated it, so the next time a few months later in November, i dyed it Dark Brown which is far better- warmer and looks more natural (I wanted dark hair basically and was blonde)- I'd advise strongly against dying it black. If you must go that dark, go Darkest Brown. I'm lucky it suits me- it doesn't everyone. I just get the regular women's dye- there aint much difference- it probably looks better too- doesn't mean I'm a woman though!

ReputationRep:
    :p:
    (Original post by rich_)
    - doesn't mean I'm a woman though!
    yeah, it does lol

ReputationRep:
    does it have to be for men, surely it wudnt make any difference if its for woman? if the worst comes to the worst you could always get a semi permanent and leave it in shorter than the time said on the packet so it washes out after only a couple of washes? what colours your hair?

ReputationRep:
    Male hair dyes are the biggest rip ever! Buying girly hair dye is worth the saving

ReputationRep:
    I wanna dye my hair black as well, but it's already a dark brown, practically black!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's funny that it's possible to buy male hair dye. I seen it in the shops once and was like wtf as all hairdye will do the same job, it's just the matter of paying for it with a man or woman's face on it. What you're looking for is "semi-permanent" black hair dye, which means it'll fade out eventually. Just buy a 'girly' one. I don't see any problem with guys dying their hair black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toscar)
    :p:
    yeah, it does lol
    Oi :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol, am actually thinking of dying my hair lol

i think the important thing is that it matches my eyebrows!

ReputationRep:
    You may want to try a semi-permanent hair dye like this.

I hink it washes out in about 10 washes, so if you hate it just wash your hair a lot and it will be out in about a week. Obviously it depends on what colour your hair is now...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.