Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in halls currently in my first year and I have no idea who to live with next year. I have lots of friends but most of them are mature students or have children or commuting to university and not looking for a houseshare. I have no idea what to do? Who to live with next year or how i will find someone. I also don't know when i need to start looking.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't find anybody to live with you could always move into private student halls, where you'd just be in a flat, as you are now, with other students

ReputationRep:
    You can't live with me. Just thought I'd rule myself out.

ReputationRep:
    there are no student halls for second years where i live

ReputationRep:
    Could you live with any of the people you live with currently?

ReputationRep:
    Most students start looking for their second year accommodation around January. Have you got one person who you could possibly share with? Even if there are only two of you then you can set up a fb group or even find another two people from your uni on TSR in the same situation who you could share with. But yeah you don't need to worry about it at the moment as you don't need to house search until after xmas. Has your university got a housing section which could give you advice? If so it'll be worthwhile going to see them.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.