emmy141
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey, i'm currently in my first year at Cardiff University and looking for housemates for the 2012/13 academic year. I haven't had much luck with flatmates and the friends i've made on my course are all going with their flats so i'm starting to panic about where to live!
Please message me if you're in the same situation, or happen to have a spare room for next year. Thanks!
DeProfundis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm actually in the same situation aswell! Does anyone know if there'll be a place to search for Cardiff Uni housemates soon?
Lpop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in a similar situation after changing my mind about transferring unis.
cardiffcallum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We are currently looking for 2 new housemates to fill the two spare rooms in our house next year. It's a 7 bedroom house on Cathays Terrace and everyone who has seen our house says it is (and I quote) 'the nicest student house in Cardiff'.

Drop me a message on FB asap.

www.facebook.com/callum.paine
tapatmy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, I'm in the same situation. I went through stages of thinking about transferring so never really made any plans.

Send me a message if you like
-J-B-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
+1 in the same situation, looking for a few people who want to house share in the Cathays area. Feel free to send a message anyone
gsml12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello, looking for a housemate - preferably a girl - for the academic year 2012/2013.
We're a group of 2nd years, 3 boys and 1 girl look for another.
Cathays area - Cogun Terrace, just behind the woody. LUSH house!! Sooo close to the union, lidl, gym, uni. literally 5 minutes awya from everything. about 15 mins away from town.
£270 a month, not including bills, and must be willing to pay the bond and two months half rent in 2 weeks time when we sign the tennancy agreement. someone please get back to us soon. we're desperate!!!!!!!! x
Montella9
Report 9 years ago
I'm in same situation, except I'm a 2rd year student and my mates are going for a year abroad so looking for housemates.
If anyone is looking for a housemate or wants to make a group facebook me www.facebook.com/romanmaltsevjones
elisa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
heyy me and my friend are in the same sitch so if anyone wants to join up with us that'd be cooool
[Mod: Facebook link removed, please use private messages to exchange contact details]
-J-B-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Now in a group of 3 (one male, two female), still looking for a couple of people to team up with and hopefully start house hunting ASAP.

Get in touch
Yokel1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in the same situation at the moment, first year history student, feel free to get in touch
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1517463532

Cheers
Easy E
Report 9 years ago
Yo, sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm also looking for accommodation for that year. All my mates would have left uni by then, I'm going into my third year to study Civil Engineering.

Let me know if anyone's interested!
K00V12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey,
I'm also looking for accommodation for the next academic year. Is anybody interested in sharing a house?
jamesgeo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Myself and a housemate are looking to move in with our girlfriends but we currently rent 2 double rooms in a 4 bedroom house. We were advised by our estate agent to look for two people to have our rooms off us. It's a really nice (and very well cleaned) house just off City Road in Roath. £250pcm. 10 minutes from the city centre and from all the major university campuses. Would you guys be interested in having a look at our rooms?
jinxybex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Any post-grads out there looking for people to live with? I'm looking for somewhere at the moment, but not having much luck with individual rooms in house-shares... All seem a bit rough round the edges and having been a undergrad and in typical student digs for 3 years, was kind of hoping for something a bit nicer... Or at least a place where people have a mutual respect for communal areas! Any like-minded people out there looking for a house/flat mate?!
LucyJM
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi guys,
I just set up an account specifically to reply to this thread
I'm looking for a housemate for next year - I have one of two bedrooms in a little flat about 2 miles or so away from the uni - it's on direct bus / train routes and very easily done on a bike. It's available to move in from mid September (10th onwards, ish), and is a gorgeous little place, completely newly furnished.
I'm going to be studying an MSc in Cardiff uni and would love another postgrad / PhD student to live with.
If anyone's interested, please PM me.

To everyone else - good luck in your housemate hunt!

Lucy x
l.chappell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, is anybody here still looking for a room to rent? I know its late notice but I have a large double room to rent in a 5 bedroom house on Whitchurch Rd, just on the edge of Cathays. The tenants are all female 3rd year healthcare students. The room is downstairs at the front. There are 2 bathrooms, a spacious lounge and large kitchen. We are all very tidy and considerate.
Rent is £260/month plus £40/month for bills.
Let me know ASAP if your interested, or look me up on facebook.
Thanks, Leighanna Chappell
wildeoneify
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey

Im a first year girl looking for housemates, I don't mind being with other 2nd years or 1st years!

I'd Like a double room and preferably house share with girls but not a problem if guys!!!

I'm easy going, easy to get along with...my facebook is www.facebook.com/wildeoneify , take a look see if we kinda match and inbox me on there is you are or know of anyone!!

I'm also thinking fo adopting a small dog within the next few months so only message me if you're ok with this

xx
Jhnrf92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, have two rooms available in a lovely house just off Albany Road- Alfred Street! Rent is amazing at £240 a month and there are 4 other girls in the house, all going into second year, lovely outgoing and kind hearted girls. I have loved spending my frsehers with them, it has been one to always remember, however i have decided not to go back to University for personal reasons.
Please let me know as need to get the ball moving asap! Rent is £120 July and August
Naomi
Jhnrf92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
2 Spare double rooms available. I have a spare room in a 6 bed house in a brilliant location just off Albany Road, Roath. Minutes walk from Cathays across the footbridge.
4 girls are UWIC students on different courses from Hospitality to Marketing degrees, lovely outgoing clean girls.
Rent is £120 July and August and then full at £240 in September. Please contact me ASAP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads