Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Put it in the bank and not tell a soul that I won it.

ReputationRep:
    Acquisition of turnips.

ReputationRep:
    *buys tickets online*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    *buys tickets online*
    I'll get two luckey dips as I head home.

ReputationRep:
    I got a ticket. I'd use it to pay Uni fees and everything involved with University. Then spend it on the BEST GAP year ever. Buy a car + lessons. Buy a decent house in very central London (3 or 4 bedrooms) then rent it out at extortionately nasty prices to get a massive return on it. Buy loads of new stuff- clothes mainly. Then pay off my parents' mortgage which isn't a lot (put the enough to buy a very good house in building society ready for when I need to buy a flat/house) then give the rest to charity/family/friends. But it's very unlikely anyone will win the money- my friend got £10 last week from it tho!

ReputationRep:
    SPEND IT or BUY A BOAT and sail to some tax haven!

ReputationRep:
    Same thing I'd have done with £80m from this thread last week.

I didn't buy a ticket, but I'll write down the numbers I would have bought if I remembered to. If I would have won... I don't know what I'll do.

4, 15, 22, 25, 48. Lucky Stars: 6, 7.

Wish me bad luck!

ReputationRep:
    I know what else I would like to do - buy one of those VW camper vans, and go travelling across America/Australia/Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Sort out my family and close friends, dontate a quarter of it to charities and then bugger off travelling with the rest in the bank and me living off the interest while travelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Sort out my family and close friends, dontate a quarter of it to charities and then bugger off travelling with the rest in the bank and me living off the interest while travelling
    If I win we can up our bet if you want

ReputationRep:
    If you put it all in a bank it will hike up around £15k PER DAY in interest according to the Daily Express!!! :eek: I'm going to the shop to buy mny tickets now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    If I win we can up our bet if you want
    how many million? :p:

I need the motivation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    how many million? :p:

I need the motivation
    If I win and you complete said challenge we'll make if £100K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    If I win and you complete said challenge we'll make if £100K
    *puts out hand for virtual spitshake*

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    *puts out hand for virtual spitshake*

:yy:
    Its only if I win many millions though :p:
    *spits and shakes*

ReputationRep:
    125 million is close to 100k a week intrest. So youll be on the same as a footballer. Is intrest taxable? im aware the actual win isnt!
    What would i do though..
    Probably collapse out cold for a week or so, when ive finally recovered id give me mum a couple of million probably 5-10. My dad gets nothing because he wont lend me any money when i ask him, even though i see him once a year and he is minted. Id go out and buy a car, i cant even drive yet! Probably a small one to start with... Focus RS or Golf GTI or something like that. Then id get all my mates a car each, and pay their insurance.
    Next off, down to the travel agents and organise the biggest party holiday youve ever seen for me and all my mates. All paid for by me. Probably give few hundred thousand out to my mates.
    Buy myself my own apartment for future. And get my mum a brand new house seing as she doesnt have to work with the kids anymore.
    Then id go on a clothes shoppin spree to end of all sprees. London, Paris, New york, Toyko with me and my 2 best mates. All paid for by me.
    Id still stay in school and study economics etc so i can learn to invets it well.
    Next off, id buy a FAT wedge in liverpool football club. Id let rick carry on with his job though. Then id give Rafa around 25 million to spend on a world class striker or winger. Which would also mean guanteed season ticket for me.

ReputationRep:
    Pay off my parent's mortgages and debts, refurbish and redecorate my family's houses, treat my family and friends to presents, give a substantial amount to charity, and support my family and friends as they needed. Of course, I'd do all the obvious stuff like buy myself loadsa crap too! I'd also pay Green Day to give me and my friends a private concert. Now, that's living!

ReputationRep:
    Whack half of it in the bank and live of the interest, give the rest to friends (probs a couple of mill to my best 1s), family, and charity. Sorted, now all I have to do is win...

ReputationRep:
    If I won the £125 million tonight I would not really know what to do with it, since I would be too overwhelmed with happiness and joy. From the top of my head I would ensure that I did the following as a "starter" however they are listed below in no particular order! lol :p:

1) Purchase my mother, father and grandmother the houses of their dreams and to give them a substantial amount of money to become financially secure, as they have been great role models in my life

2) Purchase TSR the most greatest server that money could buy

3) Purchase a car, luxury home in France and state-of-the-art computer for myself

4) Purchase the best items money could buy for my friends

5) Give over 1/4 of the winnings to different charities, especially The Salvation Army, since I currently undertake volunteer work at my local chairty shop

6) Rebuild my current secondary school and sixth form, so that the future generation of students have a better place to study and become great minds of the future

7) Build my town, Peterborough a University, even though there are currently plans to try and make this happen in the future

8) Invest a substantial amount of the money for the future

9) Create a movie starring my friends and myself about the trials and tribulations of being a teenager, possibly getting Steven Speilberg as the director! lol

10) Give some of the teachers I like some money, as a "thank you" for teaching me and realising how I can reach my full-potential

11) To ensure that I stay myself and do not change because of the money

Not a lot if you ask me! lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Buy to stealth bombers and 2 nukes and go on a rampage......

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.