Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    125 million is close to 100k a week intrest.
    The Daily Express today said it would be around £15k a day!!!! :eek: not as much as £100k a week, but still a lot!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    what time is/was the draw? am i too late??

The first thing I'd buy with my £125 million would be a packet of Flamin' Hot Monster Munch, which may be selfish, but hey, I earned that money. Kind of.

ReputationRep:
    i dont really believe people when they say that i will give x million to charity, if they had that much money in their hands they would never be able to overcome their selfishness to give away that much money.
    Im not gonna be like everybody else and say "im gonna give half to charity" im gonna say "give a portion of it to the help daban buy himself into oxford fund and the rest to the help daban prove that money can buy happiness trust

ReputationRep:
    Pay off uni debts (approx. £20k), send me, my friends and whole family on a huge holiday (approx. £20k), buy property in the South, near Manchester and up near Durham (so £1m plus £500,000 plus £200,000) :p:
    Buy my mum a new house and car and give her the rest from £1 million
    Give my dad £1 million to do as he pleases
    Put £5 million in my bank
    Give the rest to charities.

Edit: I want a private jet too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daban)
    i dont really believe people when they say that i will give x million to charity, if they had that much money in their hands they would never be able to overcome their selfishness to give away that much money.
    Im not gonna be like everybody else and say "im gonna give half to charity" im gonna say "give a portion of it to the help daban buy himself into oxford fund and the rest to the help daban prove that money can buy happiness trust
    Well I know I would . Where I live needs flippin' charity right now, and I owe a lot to Cancer Research, etc. I'd also help my mother out in terms of her needs (she's disabled), so I'd set aside money for a bungalow for when she's older, and money for any adjustments she needs to have done to our house right now (stair lift, bath arrangements, etc.). I think it's also about £1000 for one of those motorised wheelchairs, so I'd pay for that.

I'd also have a lot for myself, so the majority of it wouldn't really go to charity! There's university, debts, my parent's mortgage, travelling, this, that, the other...I wouldn't mind being a little bit selfish and having the majority of money for myself, but I may feel a bit guilty if I didn't give at least SOME of it to charity.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would own to buy a huge chunk of land and make it uber wild. Introduce wolves and bears and ****. That would own +10

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have any luck?

ReputationRep:
    No luck :mad: Did anyone win the full amount or was it all split up?

What I would do is spend £25m on whatever i.e. house car bla bla then put £100m in a high interest bank (could probs get around 8% at fixed rate), this would then generate £8m a year to spend on whatever I want for the rest of my life!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone win? if i ever win the lottery charity aint gettin a single penny off me. Selfish? so? Its my money they havent helped me during times ive needed it. I think etheopia gets another donations without me throwing them a million or two to.

ReputationRep:
    Bit harsh that isn't it calderstoneLFC.I would give some to an animal charity and spend the rest on myself

ReputationRep:

Well with my one ticket, I got no numbers correct!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    Bit harsh that isn't it calderstoneLFC.I would give some to an animal charity and spend the rest on myself
    Probably, and itll probably change my opinion in a few years when a charity could of possibly changed my relatives life. But personally.. i think they get enough money, and i would be to selfish anyway.
    I got 1 lucky star and 1 number

ReputationRep:
    A fair proportion of the ticket price goes to charity anyway, doesn't it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.