???

ReputationRep:
    exercise

ReputationRep:
    yeh i know that but a method that gains muscle easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    ???
    Go to the gym on alternate days and do weights....do weights at the higher end of your strength 'limit'...this will tear the muscles and when you rest the next day they will heal but stronger and larger than before.

Doing lots of reps of small weights serves to increase your strength...but not bulk.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Go to the gym on alternate days and do weights....do weights at the higher end of your strength 'limit'...this will tear the muscles and when you rest the next day they will heal but stronger and larger than before.

Doing lots of reps of small weights serves to increase your strength...but not bulk.

G
    Indeed, as hard as it sounds, muscle tearing is an effective exercise.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym every other day, do an alternate routine. For example, so youre doing the same routine every OTHER visit to the gym. You want to be doing about 8 reps of each exercise before you 'fail'. Remember to increase the amount you are lifting, or the number of reps EVERY session. If you fail to improve 3 sessions in a row, reduce training frequency(go every 3rd day rather than every other day).

With regards to eating, do NOT increase the amount you eat, eat normally. If you can, try and eat foods with a higher protein content.

ReputationRep:

G
    yeh i tried that but still it takes long

ReputationRep:

G
    It wont even increase your strength, just burn calories

ReputationRep:
    yeh i tried that but still it takes long
    Well youre doing it wrong then. Ive been doing this since september and have put on about 30 pounds of muscle so far. It works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Go to the gym every other day, do an alternate routine. For example, so youre doing the same routine every OTHER visit to the gym. You want to be doing about 8 reps of each exercise before you 'fail'. Remember to increase the amount you are lifting, or the number of reps EVERY session. If you fail to improve 3 sessions in a row, reduce training frequency(go every 3rd day rather than every other day).

With regards to eating, do NOT increase the amount you eat, eat normally. If you can, try and eat foods with a higher protein content.
    yeh thats my method now but how quick does muscle grow>?

ReputationRep:
    Probably at about 2 pounds a week if youre doing things right. But it slows down after youve put on about 15 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    Your metabolism increases as well.

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats my method now but how quick does muscle grow>?
    What areas of your body are you trying to put muscle on?

ReputationRep:
    What areas of your body are you trying to put muscle on?
    mainly uper body the arms and the chest

ReputationRep:
    mainly uper body the arms and the chest
    What sort of exercises are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Do pressups, I used to do them until my wrist stopped me (I'm too lazy/embarrassed to go to the gym, although that WILL change after half term by the way due to certain circumstances! heh) Now I rely on swimming but I'm sure just doing 50 a day can make a difference, hardly takes a minute either.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of exercises are you doing?
    bench pressing and arm curls i do it every 3 nights

i could curl over 25 kilos
    and bench around over 30 kilos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    Do pressups, I used to do them until my wrist stopped me (I'm too lazy/embarrassed to go to the gym, although that WILL change after half term by the way due to certain circumstances! heh) Now I rely on swimming but I'm sure just doing 50 a day can make a difference, hardly takes a minute either.
    It does absolutely nothing, all youre doing by doing a large amount of pressups is burning calories. At first you may notice a small increase in 'bulk' or 'strength' but after that its just the same as going for a run(except it burns calories at a fraction of the rate running does)

ReputationRep:
    bench pressing and arm curls i do it every 3 nights

i could curl over 25 kilos
    and bench around over 30 kilos
    How long have you been doing it for?

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been doing it for?
    around nearly a year now im only 14 yet

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.