Turn on thread page Beta

Should anti-Islam cartoons have been published ??? watch

• View Poll Results: Should "anti-Islam" cartoons have been published ???
    Yes
    58.59%
    No
    41.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    We're so far apart you may as well be on the moon. I seriously must wonder aloud if people like yourself are suited to living in the west at all.
    I agree Howard. Why do they live here? The west have kindly opened the door to them. They think it's more innocent to kill thousands of people by flying planes into building. It was just a cartoon. It was in bad taste but get over it or get the hell out of Europe and stay out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khadijah)
    the fact is though that most the 'younger generation' of muslims arent like this at all.if theyr are it may be because of influence by older people.alot of people i no were offended at the cartoons ,not by the fact that they had been published but that they were being published over and over again. but alot of us understood by making these protests and mixing them with violence arent we just increasing the sales of these papers and increasing the media publicity.
    Not really the point.

Besides, interestingly, these photographs are of young men and not old men. Actually, from what I understand the Muslim youth born in Britain are a far more radical bunch than their parents ever were.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think anybody has a problem with living here...i dont anyway i think they just do with the danish which is wrong to blame the whole country as it was just the newspaper and editor so hate them not a whole country..

ReputationRep:
    Not really the point.

Besides, interestingly, these photographs are of young men and not old men. Actually, from what I understand the Muslim youth born in Britain are a far more radical bunch than their parents ever were.
    Indeed, presumably because first generation immigrants know why they came here and know why they'd rather not live under Sharia again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrison1984)
    I agree Howard. Why do they live here? The west have kindly opened the door to them. They think it's more innocent to kill thousands of people by flying planes into building. It was just a cartoon. It was in bad taste but get over it or get the hell out of Europe and stay out...
    Agreed. No country can limp along ignoring the dangers these people present to. They are cancer and need cutting out from the fabric of society. (And if anybody from the BBC objects to that statement tough **** because I'm not subject to the stupid one-way street laws that your political masters have imposed upon the citizens of Britain)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Indeed, presumably because first generation immigrants know why they came here and know why they'd rather not live under Sharia again.
    I'm sure there are many older muslims in the UK that are torn to shreds watching their sons and daughters faith being perverted by radical clerics from the old country. I pity the parents actually.

ReputationRep:
    there are..many parents just want their children to grow up have a good job etc and live alongside other cultures and religions. however SOME older people feel that when they are gone they will have no1 to carry on their teachings and feel that islam might deviate from what they THINK it is. so they not brainwash but persuade youngsters that theyr way of thinking is right and it is merely a updated or easier version of islam and what islam is really about when really it isnt.maybe these pictures are a sort of wake up call to muslims to realise that our religion is being percieved in the wrong light and to maybe work towards sorting this out..the violence just makes it worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khadijah)
    there are..many parents just want their children to grow up have a good job etc and live alongside other cultures and religions. however SOME older people feel that when they are gone they will have no1 to carry on their teachings and feel that islam might deviate from what they THINK it is. so they not brainwash but persuade youngsters that theyr way of thinking is right and it is merely a updated or easier version of islam and what islam is really about when really it isnt.maybe these pictures are a sort of wake up call to muslims to realise that our religion is being percieved in the wrong light and to maybe work towards sorting this out..the violence just makes it worse.
    Yes. It's not very good PR is it?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. No country can limp along ignoring the dangers these people present to. They are cancer and need cutting out from the fabric of society. (And if anybody from the BBC objects to that statement tough **** because I'm not subject to the stupid one-way street laws that your political masters have imposed upon the citizens of Britain)
    So evidently you believe in division and separation than creating a global community. Well, face reality, the world is smaller than it has ever been with international media and spheres of influence now covering the entire world. Your not going to undo hundreds of years of advancement that has resulted in this.

"They are cancer and need cutting out from the fabric of society". okay, that isnt inflammatory nor irresponsoble :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost101)
    "They are cancer and need cutting out from the fabric of society". okay, that isnt inflammatory nor irresponsoble :confused:
    It's my personal opinion of these particular people but most certainly not muslims per se). Fortunately for me I am in America where we are still allowed to voice personal opinion; something that I understand you may find difficult to comprehend in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's not very good PR is it?
    well its not is it, i mean non muslims who dont know anything bout islam or may not have muslim friends probably just think...every muslim is a terrorist when this isnt true at all

ReputationRep:
    It's my personal opinion of these particular people (but most certainly not muslims per se). Fortunately for me I am in America where we are still allowed to voice personal opinion; something that I understand you may find difficult to comprehend in Britain.
    Well what do you mean by cutting out of society?

ReputationRep:
    So evidently you believe in division and separation than creating a global community. Well, face reality, the world is smaller than it has ever been with international media and spheres of influence now covering the entire world. Your not going to undo hundreds of years of advancement that has resulted in this.
    Not quite sure what point you are making here.

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure what point you are making here.
    Simply that you cannot cut these people out of society. Thir voices will always be heard wherever they are. You cannot shield yourself from these types of people. Hence ignoring these people is better than confronting them fuelling them even more.

hence, i feel your comment only worsens the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Well what do you mean by cutting out of society?
    If they do not hold a British passport they should be removed to whence they came.

If they do, they should be arrested, put on trial for inciting racial hatred, and if found guilty locked up. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

ReputationRep:
    Simply that you cannot cut these people out of society.
    Morally or legally?

ReputationRep:
    [B]They are cancer and need cutting out from the fabric of society. [/B
    How do you decide who to 'cut away' and who isn't? Or is everyone who admits to being a muslim being deported?

ReputationRep:
    Hence ignoring these people is better than confronting them fuelling them even more.
    Pap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    How do you decide who to 'cut away' and who isn't? Or is everyone who admits to being a muslim being deported?
    Yes exactly, but people like Abu Hamza are beginning to be deported. However, a good judicial sysytem such as the one in the UK makes it very hard todeport people on subjective issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Stop being fakin stupid.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.