Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the official reason why MTV banned Britney's Toxic video from daytime play? Surely it can't be considered raunchier than Christina's Dirrty??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tnacilppa)
    Does anyone know the official reason why MTV banned Britney's Toxic video from daytime play? Surely it can't be considered raunchier than Christina's Dirrty??
    Didn't realise they had- I watched the making of that video and she didn't seem to be doing anything different from normal- it's no where near as suggestive as the video for 'I'm a slave for you'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Didn't realise they had- I watched the making of that video and she didn't seem to be doing anything different from normal- it's no where near as suggestive as the video for 'I'm a slave for you'.
    Exactly!

I read in some magazine that it had been banned...

ReputationRep:
    maybe it was just rumors, but the possible reason is because she 'killed' her ex with poison?? u know us americans so PC and everything don't want to be showing the kiddies that and then getting sued!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessshauna)
    maybe it was just rumors, but the possible reason is because she 'killed' her ex with poison?? u know us americans so PC and everything don't want to be showing the kiddies that and then getting sued!!!
    That would explain it - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tnacilppa)
    have they?????????? i saw it today...hmm maybe it wasn't MTV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    have they?????????? i saw it today...hmm maybe it wasn't MTV
    yeh, they'll only play it after 10pm.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard that too. It's still on all the other channels though. It's a cool song. Someone said it was because of that kind of see through thing she's wearing (even though you cant actually see anything) and someone else said it was because of the whole terrorism thing but i dont think its that

ReputationRep:
    i love this song it is wicked! the video isnt really that rude as videos go, its probably as u said earlier, that she kills her ex.

ReputationRep:
    i saw just a minute ago on mtv, and i'm sure that it was mtv cause it is the only music channel i have it was on re:action. i didn't see everything could it be possible that they have taken away certain parts? since it was shown now

ReputationRep:
    they don't air it before 9pm in america, ppl here don't care...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps because it's crap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feebs)
    yeh, they'll only play it after 10pm.
    I saw it on MTV hits and it was definetely before 10pm. It was more like 7pm

ReputationRep:
    I hate to admit this but am I the only one who...

likes this song!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I hate to admit this but am I the only one who...

likes this song!!
    no...my brother likes it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I like britney i think shes ace..........how cool would it be if her and wills got together...princess britney she'd definately shake things up in the palace for sure!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.