Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    :crast:

Two girls just came to the pc beside me..they tried to turn it on...the power cable is sitting on the desk...Can't think why it didn't turn on - can you?
    :rofl: Not at all

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing computing practicals, I kept on accidentally pushing my shoe onto the power button of the computers, switching them off and losing all the work I'd done
    It happened so often that I eventually ended up just doing the practicals from my room and sending them through email so all I had to do was upload them on the CS server - the less time I spent in the computer lab, the better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    When I was doing computing practicals, I kept on accidentally pushing my shoe onto the power button of the computers, switching them off and losing all the work I'd done
    It happened so often that I eventually ended up just doing the practicals from my room and sending them through email so all I had to do was upload them on the CS server - the less time I spent in the computer lab, the better
    :toofunny:

aww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    My friend just knocked out the best debater, a female, at his university today. There was a debate in which he preceded her, she gave some really good thoughts and was all over the sky. He approached the microphone, and the first sentence he uttered was, "The girl I followed is pregnant". Everyone laughed their head out, and were like what? He completed the sentence after a pause, and then said, "Yes, pregnant, pregnant with high ideas". The girl was so embarrased. Ironically, he won the debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    I tend to rest my feet on the cables at uni- and people get very annoyed when you accidentally pull the plug out (all the computers are wired into a single 16amp socket).
    :rofl:

Thank God, I am not at your university. I just go mad, whenever my younger sister accidently plugs off the computer. Its devastating, no.

ReputationRep:
    Dalimyr, quite a frightening sig!

I am off now :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    lol...:hello: bye bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali-)
    Dalimyr, quite a frightening sig!
    You still get the odd muppet who asks me to rep them...it's only happened once since I became a mod, though

ReputationRep:
    Holly, I thought you had a yellow gem :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Not at all
    Didn't think so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkfairy)
    Holly, I thought you had a yellow gem :confused:
    Nope...I'm still about 3,300 away from a gold gem

ReputationRep:
    Nope...I'm still about 3,300 away from a gold gem
    Aww ;console; You'll get there

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    I love it when people do that. Doesn't happen so much here, because there are only 10 computers at uni, and there are hardly any ever free to use anyway :p:
    :rofl: nice...

Holly - I used to switch the plugs for the pcs over - we used to turn each others pcs off...I switched the plug over so when they went for my pc they turned their own off

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: nice...

Holly - I used to switch the plugs for the pcs over - we used to turn each others pcs off...I switched the plug over so when they went for my pc they turned their own off

ReputationRep:
    Their faces were a picture they were all dazed and like wtf happened? and then they would work it out - and by that time Id saved my work...so i lost nowt and when they turned mine of Id switch the plugs over when they werent watching :angel: We also swapped the keyboards and mice around :rofl: the best one - we swapped all the moniter cables in the IT suite (about 50 computers) Not even the teachers machine was left alone

ReputationRep:
    I used to love being a prefect in the library at high school- every time i saw somebody breaking the network rules we were allowed to turn the computer off.
    :rofl: In the library you couldnt reach the plugs...but you could swap they keyboard and mice over so neither worked :p: By this time they had tied the wires together :p:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i tried to make a santa hat for your avatar..but i kinda pooped it up and gave up lol..:blushing: ill try again later.. if i get time

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.