Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    thousands till gold 3 :p:

How do I apologise to someone for being tactless? At hte concert the keyboard broke just before my piece, and I didnt know any my accompanist didn't know. During the piece he suddenly stopped playing the top hand, because he can't play it without the pedal. Now I can't play the piece without the top hand, so i slightly screwed up (Ok I looked like a numpty) and so on our way bck i asked why he had changed it (not knowing why the pedal had broken and that being why he hadn't played the top hand) and got no answer, so I assumed he had just changed it and was rather pissed off. He explained at the end of the concert, and I thought, yeah ok thats fair enough, and now I get told I was a tactless idiot and I made him really nervous! Excuse me? I was the one left up there holding a flute looking a complete numpty, and Im the one who hates performing. I perform becuase he likes to accompany me and he gets some nice music in. So now its my fault he was nervous. Fair enough, I was a bit tactless - but Im not exactly the most tactful person in the world. But its like - how was I supposed to know they keyboard was broken, if I got no explanation at all? Im sorry he was nervoud for the rest of the concert - but I was shaking for a good half an hour before I went on! He wasn't.
    And here come the tears again...goddamn it... [/rant]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googly)
    Ooo that hurts...Just reminds me of the fact that I won't be able to get any until christmas maybe; I'm barred for over a month now *sobs*
    awwwww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Atleast that proves you don't crast that much. You make me feel guilty :rolleyes:
    HA! thats mostly what ive been doing this term:s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZooBOT)
    go study :poke:

i may sub u if u go study :p:
    Now that's what I call motivation!
    I'm going to be studying all night now! :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)

How do I apologise to someone for being tactless? At hte concert the keyboard broke just before my piece, and I didnt know any my accompanist didn't know. During the piece he suddenly stopped playing the top hand, because he can't play it without the pedal. Now I can't play the piece without the top hand, so i slightly screwed up (Ok I looked like a numpty) and so on our way bck i asked why he had changed it (not knowing why the pedal had broken and that being why he hadn't played the top hand) and got no answer, so I assumed he had just changed it and was rather pissed off. He explained at the end of the concert, and I thought, yeah ok thats fair enough, and now I get told I was a tactless idiot and I made him really nervous! Excuse me? I was the one left up there holding a flute looking a complete numpty, and Im the one who hates performing. I perform becuase he likes to accompany me and he gets some nice music in. So now its my fault he was nervous. Fair enough, I was a bit tactless - but Im not exactly the most tactful person in the world. But its like - how was I supposed to know they keyboard was broken, if I got no explanation at all? Im sorry he was nervoud for the rest of the concert - but I was shaking for a good half an hour before I went on! He wasn't.
    umm:s: ;console; :hugs: ;grouphugs;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    HA! thats mostly what ive been doing this term:s:
    Oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    umm:s: ;console; :hugs: ;grouphugs;
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Oh
    hence this situation now:s:

ReputationRep:

aww :hugs: Nevermind. Things like this happen. I'm sure the more concerts you do, the less of an issue this one will be. I once started playing my piece completely wrong on the piano (was a jazz song) and then I ended up attempting to make up the middle section, which sounded awful as I'm not that familiar with jazz chords, so it was like *clash clash* *cough from audience* [long silence] *carry on with correct chords* and at the time I kept cringing every time I thought about it, but now I don't really care:p:

Why do you need to apologise? Tis all his fault! But why would you not be able to play the right hand without the pedal? It would sound kinda staccato, but that's at least better than not playing it at all!

I assume this was a concert just for entertainment, and not for an exam? Imagine what it would be like if it were for a Music exam and you ended up failing :eek:

Hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    ;spank;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    ;spank;
    :wtf?: still usiing that smiley then....

ReputationRep:
    awwwww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    hence this situation now:s:
    I see...:s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :wtf?: still usiing that smiley then....
    It's his favourite :rolleyes: This and the whiplash one

ReputationRep:
    :poke:
    Who's that for?

ReputationRep:
    that roflcopter game is brilliant um yes i was working:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Who's that for?
    you..as u r not studying :| ...saving me 3.50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkfairy)
    aww :hugs: Nevermind. Things like this happen. I'm sure the more concerts you do, the less of an issue this one will be. I once started playing my piece completely wrong on the piano (was a jazz song) and then I ended up attempting to make up the middle section, which sounded awful as I'm not that familiar with jazz chords, so it was like *clash clash* *cough from audience* [long silence] *carry on with correct chords* and at the time I kept cringing every time I thought about it, but now I don't really care:p:

Why do you need to apologise? Tis all his fault! But why would you not be able to play the right hand without the pedal? It would sound kinda staccato, but that's at least better than not playing it at all!

I assume this was a concert just for entertainment, and not for an exam? Imagine what it would be like if it were for a Music exam and you ended up failing :eek:

Hope you feel better soon.
    The reason he couldn't play the top hand was becuase it is awful stretches (mostly octave and a halves) What upset me most is the fact that someone I dont get on particularily brilliantly with in the first place, or at least I havent since she started being a bit of a ***** to me, came up to me and had a go at me for making him nervous. I've been in tears on and off since lunchtime today, and the only thing that can stop them is my bf...
    yours actually sounds a bit funny must have been awful at the time though....

ReputationRep:
    you..as u r not studying :| ...saving me 3.50
    No wait! I'm going, I'm going! ;yikes;

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.