Finally!! A thread for the land of my life - Scotland!!! Watch

Aberdonian*Lass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Given the comments on http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178025 I figured we need a Scottish Society but my main reason for starting one was so I could get a picture of the Porridge Man under my societies!!!

So this is for all the love sick haggises that have wandered south of the border...for anyone who's missing a special scottish someone...for anyone who feels any need to touch base in fact. "Proud_To_Be_Scottish" in the socs section is ready and waiting for you!

And while we're at it lets try to work out what makes (or doesnt make?!) Scotland the most amazing place to come from even though it's not necessarily the best country to actually live in?!?!!! Let the Great Debate begin...

Members List:

Kill_More_Foxes
The Lucky One
Acaila
Ariadne
Ay! Dirty Boy!
Cate
Clarence
dreamy_girl
e-unit
Feefifofum
finlay
FrancophileLees
gailywaily
hello_its_me_
NathanM
r0b
speedstacker
Vienna
jaird.88
JennLlama
DRWallace
Lunar_Scorpion
Scottish_Chick
bluejaz
djh1878
xDreamx
RealityIsDull
Dhesi
Savannah
chocchip
ice cube
Renza
Prozac the Giggle Fairy
simatemcprimate
jack:dies:in:hot:cars
Mr_Pedantic
Hybrid
Solid_L
pansy_p
rizzyh
Dalimyr
Archie Maitland
zain88
Rossy
niamhster
jay-mob
Random-Anime-Girlie<3
PlayboyTeddy
clairegower
jamo
FrenchGal
Flickie
Navajo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Woo! Wales!!

Sorry, had to be done :rolleyes:
Aberdonian*Lass
Rep:
?
Nice place to go actually...if you cant get to Scotland!!

ooooo wow! 2new members now are they scots or are the welsh infiltrating our ranks again?
BlueRoses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, i've been wanting a Scot-Soc for ages, but i was scared there already was a (somewhat hidden) one, and I would be shouted at for wanting a new one!

Glad there is one now, and i am Proud To Be Scottish indeed!
Aberdonian*Lass
Rep:
?
well that makes 4...we're beating the latin society at least but cmon what happened to all the scots out there?
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Try here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178025
Aberdonian*Lass
Rep:
?
(Original post by Happy Cycling)
Try here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178025
Yup i know...read the last page of that - im all over it. thats what made me do this cos i got bored waiting around for something to happen with the other...call me impatient?!!!:rolleyes:
BlueRoses
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Um... well all the scots seem to be in the Highers forum, but i dunno, would it be frowned upon to post a Society advert in there? We could just PM a few.
hanadeka2002
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm half Scottish.Love the place-very pretty although very cold.

I like haggis.

Oooh and that gorgeous stuff you can get in touristy shops up there-I think it's called tablet?

It's lovely.

And I always wanted to learn the bagpipes!
Aberdonian*Lass
Rep:
?
tablet is indeed its name and it is excellent stuff!!! scotland is a beautiful place isnt it? name another that contains two of the four oldest unis in britain, grows some of the best soft fruit, produces some of the finest meats around, offers up sporting, musical, dramatic and intelectual talents to rival far larger countries, and is home or 'base' for so many of the people reading this now?

iv always adored the bagpipes too...apart from liking the sound, iv always loved making people cringe and cover their ears!!! my mum promised me i could learn if i got decent gcse grades (ie straight A*s). well what can i say? im normal...i didnt...so iv never been allowed to play them. sad no?

haggis is also excellent stuff!! good for the heart which makes up for playing the pipes being hard on the liver (that and the whiskey!).

btw...aside from scotland...i like ur durham plans!!
speedstacker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey , is this socity only for scotish? I'm not a stotish. I'm Asian but i like Scotland cos it's a beautiful and friendly country! Scotish guys r cute too!!!

But unfortunately, i dun like haggis cos it smells!!!! I LOVE tatties!!!
Aberdonian*Lass
Rep:
?
Scotland is for anyone and everyone (but particularly those who can see themselves singing 'flower of scotland' pissed as a newt with their knickers on their head just because they like what scotland has to offer!).

Join away my friends.

(btw lucky lucky you with all those unconditionals!!)
NathanM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kill_More_Foxes)
Scotland is for anyone and everyone (but particularly those who can see themselves singing 'flower of scotland' pissed as a newt with their knickers on their head just because they like what scotland has to offer!).

Join away my friends.

:lol: sounds like me!
Astor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Scotland is a proportionately underpopulated limb attached to the Mother Country; England.

Scotland brings a bad name to Great Britiain, since Scotland is the most obese in Europe.
NathanM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the mother country? you need to take your head out of the clouds mate...we are supporting england...where do you think all of your oil and gas comes from?
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Astor)
Scotland brings a bad name to Great Britiain, since Scotland is the most obese in Europe.
Hehe, I'd take that more seriously from someone who could take a decent stab at spelling 'Britain.'

As for underpopulated proportionately - maybe that's because England is overpopulated? I rather like the level of population around here. It suits me.
Acaila
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So what is wrong with the existing Scotland Soc?
Astor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NathanM)
the mother country? you need to take your head out of the clouds mate...we are supporting england...where do you think all of your oil and gas comes from?
I was actually just winding people up hoping someone like you would bite - but since you have, I believe you are wrong.

North sea oil was discovered by the British, it is not located ON Scotland whatsoever - it is British oil.
Do you know what one of Scotlands largest export is? .....Whisky........Now I dont know about you, but I doubt the whisky industry 'supports' England.

Since the EEC emerged, Scotland has decided that it claims North sea oil - but that is a joke - if the UK discharged Scotland tomorrow you'd find that your public services would collapse and your economy would match that of Cameroons'.

Sc/En/Wa are inter-dependant, but without Westminster subsidies, Scotland would be far worse. England has 50 million people, Scotland has 5, surely you need to get a grip of yourself before accusing Scotland of propping up England, when ironically, it is otherwise.
speedstacker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kill_More_Foxes)

Join away my friends.

Hey thanx "kill more foxes", who's tat dude that were saying scotland is not as pretty as i thought?!!! I love scots guys! They r hot!
Ay! Dirty Boy!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
So what is wrong with the existing Scotland Soc?
Let me no where the original one is and i will join it but why dont we join the two together and unite all scots!

SCOTLAND
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads