Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh kicks ass.

T in The Park tix on sale on sat!!!

Oh has anyone got one of those NEC cards, or the bus concession cards and is having trouble with either
    a) convincing shop owners that it honestly is a student card, not just a young scot card
    b) finding a bus driver who actually has any idea what the bus concession card is?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to T in the park. I've had my ticket for ages though. Early birds rock!

Might go to Edinburgh next week end to see some mates.

ReputationRep:
    Got my Saturday ticket

ReputationRep:
    good one :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Got my weekend camping tickets

ReputationRep:
    I'm not proud to be Scottish... look at the rugby

ReputationRep:
    I tried to get tickets but it wasn't happening. Up at 7am 'n sat on computer waiting for it then nine comes around but I kept submit but no results. You think they'll release some later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    I tried to get tickets but it wasn't happening. Up at 7am 'n sat on computer waiting for it then nine comes around but I kept submit but no results. You think they'll release some later?
    Sad to say it's unlikely - I think they've released the full number the license allows. They're on eBay though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echolife)
    No and don't think I ever will :puke: sorry!
    Aww haggis is sooo good! Seriously you should try it. It's so yummy with mashed potato and turnip.

(Original post by vector)
    Anglesey in Wales. Very windy, but close to the sea which is good for me Tesco is as exclusive as the shops get here :rolleyes: I've got some family in Edinburgh though...
    I love Wales!
    I've found it does rain a lot in Wales though.. but I supposed the same could be said for Scotland :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's the wind that's the real killer! I think Scotland actually has a worse rep for rain

ReputationRep:
    It's the wind that's the real killer! I think Scotland actually has a worse rep for rain
    Depends where in Scotland. For instance, you should never go to Fort William without a jacket, but St Andrews doesn't get many days where it rains (though it ****ing pours down when it DOES rain)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Depends where in Scotland. For instance, you should never go to Fort William without a jacket, but St Andrews doesn't get many days where it rains (though it ****ing pours down when it DOES rain)
    True, but I meant in general (or so far as I've heard anyway ), Scotland has more of a reputation for bad weather than Wales does...

ReputationRep:
    How are all the Scottish folks?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou_)
    How are all the Scottish folks?!
    Hungry and tired...and a bit worried about tomorrow. I've just found out that I'm being asked to come into my old school tomorrow to put some life back into their website. I was part of the team that created the site three years ago but it was only kept up-to-date for one year after that, as the teacher that designed it buggered off to Australia or something and all the pupils who worked on it (myself included) had gone off to uni Replacements weren't up to the task, so the site's just died...the teachers wanted the site to be started up again, but didn't have anyone in the school to work on it; my mum suggested that since I was no longer at uni, I could come in and do it...it's taken something like seven months for the teachers to get around to organising a date for me to come in, but it's finally set Downside is that I need to have an idea of what the site's going to look like, because any graphical changes to the site are going to be AWFUL if I'm stuck with using MS Paint :s:

ReputationRep:
    I've spent the morning playing with some cool puppets! Yay!
    Can't be arsed going fencing tonight but the bf wants me to go

ReputationRep:
    I can't be arsed going to uni today, but I feel extraordinarily guilty about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hungry and tired...and a bit worried about tomorrow. I've just found out that I'm being asked to come into my old school tomorrow to put some life back into their website. I was part of the team that created the site three years ago but it was only kept up-to-date for one year after that, as the teacher that designed it buggered off to Australia or something and all the pupils who worked on it (myself included) had gone off to uni Replacements weren't up to the task, so the site's just died...the teachers wanted the site to be started up again, but didn't have anyone in the school to work on it; my mum suggested that since I was no longer at uni, I could come in and do it...it's taken something like seven months for the teachers to get around to organising a date for me to come in, but it's finally set Downside is that I need to have an idea of what the site's going to look like, because any graphical changes to the site are going to be AWFUL if I'm stuck with using MS Paint :s:
    I hope you're going to post a link for constructive criticism :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aaah good luck with it!
    I'm sure it'll look great
    And as vector said I hope we can get a wee preview once it's done!!
    (and lucky teacher getting to go off to Australia!)

Acaila where do you go fencing? I didn't even know you could do fencing in Edinburgh!!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're going to post a link for constructive criticism :p:
    Hell no :p: I'd need days, or even weeks, to sort the site to the sort of level where I'd be happy with it. At the moment, it's a bit of a shambles, and I'm dreading the prospect of editing the site so it uses cascading style sheets instead of tables within tables within tables (which is how the muppet who originally created the final layout put it together...he may have had an idea what was going on with the site, but it's a ****ing nightmare for me to go through right now :s:)

I'll consider posting a link, but don't count on it :p:

It's currently breaktime, so there are lots of little kids running around like headless chickens outside the window at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Update: I found out shortly after making the above post that everything I was uploading was only taking effect on the school's intranet. If you want to see my efforts, you'll have to wait until after the admin gets back to school and sorts out uploading everything to the Internet server (which I didn't have access to - he ****ed up the instructions for doing it, or I'm useless and just didn't understand it...but I'm going with the former ;yes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.