Turn on thread page Beta

Finally!! A thread for the land of my life - Scotland!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Oooh my school "serves" both at break times, but It's gonna have to be link, with lashings of ketchup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariadne)
    Kill_More_Foxes - have you checked that you're on the list for next weekend (just in case I forget to ask in person)?
    My dear girl...I signed you up remember?:p: ...+ would I ever miss a Caledonian Society?!!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    *bump* update on skiing conditions for anyone interested:
    Nevis Range- 8 runs expected to open, 4 closed
    Glencoe- 6 open, 1 closed
    Glenshee- 18 expected to open, 4 closed
    Cairngorm- 11 expected to open, 6 closed
    The Lecht (where's that btw?)- All closed, roads closed overnight

no snow as yet here, but its forecast for tomorrow

so, maybe no school on monday!

doubt it though....damn sea air

ReputationRep:
    so many good things come from scotland,

irn bru..... shortbread.... gerard butler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanM)
    The Lecht (where's that btw?)
    About 30mins from where I live...which is Inverurie...so probs about the closest patch of mountains to Aberdeen that you can find on the map!!!

(Original post by RealityIsDull)
    so many good things come from scotland, irn bru..... shortbread.... gerard butler
    Excellent taste!!!
    ~

ReputationRep:
    bump... not much life in here is there?

ReputationRep:
    nope....didnt you hear? this thread was taken over by a herd of gallumphing haggises. well done though you seem to have cleared them all out.

i happen to be going back to bonny scotland this weekend actually - a nice way of getting away from the results conversations that are going round and round in circles down here!! isnt it so boring when people choose to discuss the exact details of their results with you...for the seventh time over?

ReputationRep:
    yup it is....the scottish system is so much better, you get your results during the holidays, so you dont need to speak to anyone that you dont want to bout your results

hope you have a nice weekend in scotland

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've always found that English thing about making people go into school to read their GCSE results off of a wall a bit odd...

...then again, my source for this is Hollyoaks..

ReputationRep:
    Just came across this:

Definition of "oats": "A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland appears to support the people."

ReputationRep:
    ha bloody ha

but porridge is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    especially in chocolate krispies with special k!! mm mm mmmm!!

ReputationRep:
    cant say ive tried that....i'll have to now though!!

ReputationRep:
    Better with shreddies than special k...

ReputationRep:
    ne uh...shreddies go soggy ew! special k stays nice and crunchy mmmmm!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh pick me! Im scottish born - Kilmarnock and i lived there till i was 2 ! My parents decided it would be fun to pack us all up and move us to jersey - channel islands, although considerably warmer, its rather snobbish here! Totally proud of being scottish-born and hoping to go to St A's or Aberdeen . I love porridge, tablet, kilts, pies and all that jazz.. maybe not haggis but im not a lover of meat!

How do i join socs btw? Im pretty new at all this?

ReputationRep:
    You can join by clicking on the socs link at the top of the page...we're on the 4th page i think

ReputationRep:
    HEYLO!!

Not been on TSR in weeks! So... how are all the Scots doin? And... who is affected by the strike tomorrow??!! There was chaos when it was announced at school today. Does anyone know if First Buses are operating in Edinburgh?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was affected...at least it would mean I was in lovely scotland instead of miserable england!! Im just waiting till the end of term now so i can go home!!

ReputationRep:
    First are operating, Lothian aren't. Princes St is going to be dead without the hordes of Lothians trundling down it, not that I'll notice because I'll be cut off from the world without a bus!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.