Another one bites the dust Watch

Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Our Russian delegate, Joe_87, has also resigned. Once again: nominations for a replacement, please.
UnaChance
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll nominate anyone who wants to be nominated provided you are accually a good active member

I get the feeling this MUN II is doomed
smellielli
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what if no1 wants it?
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I don't know why 3 big delegates have left in rapid succession (4 with Beekeeper, although I know why he went). Or rather, I know why they went, but I can't understand why all at once.
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wait - Beekeeper has left? so we have no UK?
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good god... well, I'm a power-hungry megalomaniac, so the UK sounds fine, as does Russia...in fact, just gimme them all, mwahahahah!!! POWER!!!
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That should be fun. Wootcannon arguing to himself, would go thus:

"Dont invade me! hahaha I dont care I just sent in more troops! No Wootcannon your horrible! No Wootcannon, YOU are horrible!"
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In all seriousness, this is nuts. This is not a good situation, that's...3 or 4 SC members gone. We need to get people who'll actually stay. What were there reasons for leaving? Joe_87 leaving came as a complete surprise to me. I see no problems, but maybe they did...perhaps they were leaving because of the shake-up?
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed it would be. Oh, perhaps at the end of each term, or session, or whatever, we have World War 3? Just for fun.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree, it could be just that these members are getting bored, as the "new generation" move into the SC countries more desirable non SC countries become available so we get new membership, it happens quite frequently on these types of forums. I think the best we can do is do our best to encourage people to stay/join by keeping the forum as active as possible.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Wootcannon)
Indeed it would be. Oh, perhaps at the end of each term, or session, or whatever, we have World War 3? Just for fun.
Secretary General: Meeting ajourned. Lets all go nuke each other.
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed...since I have Russia, China, and UK, you'll be invaded by the Chinese Air Force, Spetsnaz, and Royal Marines at the same time. Along with some random Ukrainians with AK-47's.

(Please bear in mind I don't actually have those 4 countries.)
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How about we ask Pig to put an announcement in, something along the lines of:
"Want 20 million troops, nuclear missiles, a huge navy and a well-trained Air Force? Sadly, those countries have been taken. How about half-a million troops, a moderate navy, and an average Air Force? Join MUN today!"
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Random Ukranians, Chinese Air Foce, Spetnaz, and the Royal Marines will be no match for our Nasi Lamak.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Wootcannon)
How about we ask Pig to put an announcement in, something along the lines of:
"Want 20 million troops, nuclear missiles, a huge navy and a well-trained Air Force? Sadly, those countries have been taken. How about half-a million troops, a moderate navy, and an average Air Force? Join MUN today!"
Woops.. those countries have gone too.. what about Antartica?
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, seriously, they could take the countries left after those countries were abandoned by their reps.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, what I was thinking, it's like a big ladder. as old members leave we get the bigger countries leaving the moderate countries for new reps. Which is why I've proposed an "available country" list in the Welcome thread, to show non members which countries are available, which would be easier than thinking of a country yourself
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, I'll take any of the big countries - But what will happen to my darling Brazil? :p:
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by UnaChance)
Hey, I'll take any of the big countries - But what will happen to my darling Brazil? :p:
Apparently in a few years Brazil will be a "big country", they are the dark horse for the next superpower, behind China and India
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If nobody minds, can I take Russia? Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads