The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll nominate anyone who wants to be nominated provided you are accually a good active member :biggrin:

I get the feeling this MUN II is doomed
Reply 2
what if no1 wants it?
Reply 3
I don't know why 3 big delegates have left in rapid succession (4 with Beekeeper, although I know why he went). Or rather, I know why they went, but I can't understand why all at once.
Reply 4
Wait - Beekeeper has left? so we have no UK?
Reply 5
Good god... well, I'm a power-hungry megalomaniac, so the UK sounds fine, as does Russia...in fact, just gimme them all, mwahahahah!!! POWER!!!
Reply 6
That should be fun. Wootcannon arguing to himself, would go thus:

"Dont invade me! hahaha I dont care I just sent in more troops! No Wootcannon your horrible! No Wootcannon, YOU are horrible!"
Reply 7
In all seriousness, this is nuts. This is not a good situation, that's...3 or 4 SC members gone. We need to get people who'll actually stay. What were there reasons for leaving? Joe_87 leaving came as a complete surprise to me. I see no problems, but maybe they did...perhaps they were leaving because of the shake-up?
Reply 8
Indeed it would be. Oh, perhaps at the end of each term, or session, or whatever, we have World War 3? Just for fun.
Reply 9
I agree, it could be just that these members are getting bored, as the "new generation" move into the SC countries more desirable non SC countries become available so we get new membership, it happens quite frequently on these types of forums. I think the best we can do is do our best to encourage people to stay/join by keeping the forum as active as possible.
Reply 10
Wootcannon
Indeed it would be. Oh, perhaps at the end of each term, or session, or whatever, we have World War 3? Just for fun.

Secretary General: Meeting ajourned. Lets all go nuke each other.
Indeed...since I have Russia, China, and UK, you'll be invaded by the Chinese Air Force, Spetsnaz, and Royal Marines at the same time. Along with some random Ukrainians with AK-47's.

(Please bear in mind I don't actually have those 4 countries.)
How about we ask Pig to put an announcement in, something along the lines of:
"Want 20 million troops, nuclear missiles, a huge navy and a well-trained Air Force? Sadly, those countries have been taken. How about half-a million troops, a moderate navy, and an average Air Force? Join MUN today!"
Reply 13
Random Ukranians, Chinese Air Foce, Spetnaz, and the Royal Marines will be no match for our Nasi Lamak. :smile:
Reply 14
Wootcannon
How about we ask Pig to put an announcement in, something along the lines of:
"Want 20 million troops, nuclear missiles, a huge navy and a well-trained Air Force? Sadly, those countries have been taken. How about half-a million troops, a moderate navy, and an average Air Force? Join MUN today!"

Woops.. those countries have gone too.. what about Antartica?
No, seriously, they could take the countries left after those countries were abandoned by their reps.
Reply 16
Yep, what I was thinking, it's like a big ladder. as old members leave we get the bigger countries leaving the moderate countries for new reps. Which is why I've proposed an "available country" list in the Welcome thread, to show non members which countries are available, which would be easier than thinking of a country yourself
Reply 17
Hey, I'll take any of the big countries - But what will happen to my darling Brazil? :p:
Reply 18
UnaChance
Hey, I'll take any of the big countries - But what will happen to my darling Brazil? :p:

Apparently in a few years Brazil will be a "big country", they are the dark horse for the next superpower, behind China and India
Reply 19
If nobody minds, can I take Russia? Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending