Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i know of at least two teachers at my school who have gone out with pupils, one went out with several (3 consecutive head girls so it became a bit of a running joke) so it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    i think the best way for you is to leave it alone.. and just not to do anything about the crush.. as a friend of mine liked this teacher very much and wanted to ask him out.. but she left it.. and it's all good now.. since it's in the past.. but still a feeling inside distance in the mind..

You just need to distract your mind to something else so you would not be thinking too much about it for a while..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob_54321)
    i know of at least two teachers at my school who have gone out with pupils, one went out with several (3 consecutive head girls so it became a bit of a running joke) so it's not impossible.
    Surely they were breaking the law?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god! gimme the time and place. I'll be there. Could you get a pic of her and show us?

ReputationRep:
    Probably means you are a lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    ^^best. post. ever.^^

ReputationRep:
    Admire and aspire is very different from love u know.....so keep inspiration and love very different

ReputationRep:
    what would you give your teacher out of two?
    would you give her one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toscar)
    what would you give your teacher out of two?
    would you give her one?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashshashin)
    Surely they were breaking the law?
    well, they are both still teaching. i don't know really, i'm not sure how many other staff knew. the pupils were over 18 at the time though, dont know if that makes a difference as they are still in their care or whatever . . .

I went through the same thing at secondary school. There was a female teacher who I thought was wonderful. She had such a passion for the subject, was pretty and confident and popular and even though I'm sure she knew I liked her she never embarrassed me about it. I was sure I was in love with her but when I look back now it was just admiration. I didn't see much of my mum and had no friends to speak to, I was bullied and felt so alone. There was this woman who was kind and was into the same things as me, who had succeeded and was here trying to pass on her passion to us and making time for us. I knew nothing could ever happen but knowing that going into school meant I would see her kept me going.

I had crushes all through school, college and uni. I look at it as another reason to get in to 9oclock lectures. :p:

ReputationRep:
    so you fancy your teacher?

people fancy people and know it wont ever happen, perhaps because the person who fancys someone is ugly and knows they have no chance.

and so its someone the same sex - your bisexual/curios then. im sure youll get over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redandgreen)
    people fancy people and know it wont ever happen, perhaps because the person who fancys someone is ugly and knows they have no chance.
    You may be suprised to discover that not everybody is that shallow. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    im that shallow.... :cool: inner beauty is fine with me , in the same sense that having an inner ear is cool with me .... i still would rather have an ear on the side of my head, catch my drift :cool: :cool: :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I remember being told in Year 9 PSE :eek: that an excellent way you could tell whether your atttraction to the same sex was admiration or something hormonal was by seriously asking yourself whether you could see yourself in bed with them...

ReputationRep:
    Its perfectly normal to crush on teachers, and to crush on women - it doesn't mean that you're gay. I mean, you might be, but that's ok too.
    Don't stress out about it.
    The main point, harsh as it is, is that it's never gonna happen for you two. But don't let that get you donw, other people, male and female will come along and you'll find that in comparison you like them just as much.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I strongly think that this does not mean you are a lesbian- it's just hero-worshipping. I have had cases of mild hero worshipping to females and males- it's fine- IMO it has nothing to do with your sexuality. People really need to stop seeing things so black and white. If this thread is a joke, then ignore my rather more serious post.

i fancy my english teacher, and he isnt even good looking

ReputationRep:

i said 'perhaps' so just using an example.

and besides, its not shallow...attraction looks wise should be a big thing in a relationship - after all its usually the first thing you notice in someone and your not gonna wanna have sex with them etc if you dont find them attractive .

truthfully..if you were in a club (and wanted to pull) ...loads of people to chose from, would you go for someone good looking or not so good looking?

I agree, there are lots of teachers at my school who are genuinely lovely people. I think you have to be pretty good a person to want to dedicate your life to enriching the lives of others.

Anyway, it's possible that there is a minor mix-up in your mind as to the role she takes. I know two female teachers who I particularly admire, one is like a mother to us and the other talks to us as if we're friends, or on the same level, which not many people do.

Follow your heart. I say it's unlikely that you this one event means you're a bisexual or lesbian, considering if this first instance where you've felt attracted to a female. In this situation I wouldn't be too quick to try to categorise yourself, as this will probably be sorted over time, as your feelings will develop.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.